Courageous is the big screen action movie with a solid faith affirming storyline that recognises the need for strong father figures in family, church community and nation.
From the makers of the movie 'Fireproof', the new police action drama 'Courageous' concentrates on fatherhood and the vital role of men with courage in Christ. 'Courageous Living' gives you a resource to take the movie as an engaging focus to explore the role of fatherhood in family, church and community.
Faith and fatherhood in action
Courageous Police officers Adam Mitchell, Nathan Hayes, David Thomson, and Shane Fuller are called to give their all serving and protecting the community. Risking their lives everyday the cops know there’s a common need in the no-hope gang members who roam the city streets. It’s the need of strong male lead and example – the want of a father.
But the need to serve and protect is much nearer home with a decision they have to make: stay in the comfort zone, or show real courage and take up what it means to be father.
Film's message for real families
'Courageous Living' picks up on the success of the big screen action movie to discuss the vital role of men of courage in the family, church, community and nation.
Pastor of Sherwood Baptist Church and executive producer of Courageous, Michael Catt discusses the importance of taking a faithful, fearless stand in so many areas of life. In Courageous Living he takes a closer look at Biblical themes and characters that inspired themes behind the movie.
Courageous living and Bible lives
Michael Catt brings fresh insight to people in the Bible who displayed great courage when it would have been easier to play it safe. Says Michael, “They demand that I examine my priorities and deal with anything that brings fear to my heart."
In Courageous Living, readers will find bold accounts of the courage to get going in Abraham, courage to face criticism in Nehemiah and courage to face uncertainty in Ruth. Also explored is the courage to face opportunity and change in the stories of Moses, Elijah, Joshua, Daniel, Gideon, Stephen, Paul and Timothy.
Courageous: The Trivia Files
Courageous was filmed in Albany, Georgia, USA. The city’s nickname is ‘The Good Life City’.
Quick Guide to Courageous Living
What is it?
- An exploration of the role of men as fathers in the family, church and community.
- Written by Michael Catt, executive producer of the faith based movie Courageous.
- Accounts of the Bible’s men of courage and the need for men with courage in Christ.
What will it do for me?
- Give encouragement for men to play an active part as Christian male role models.
- Explore and support the crucial role of fathers in strengthening family life.
- Resource your mission to restore the role of men in family, church and community.
Over to You
At Eden.co.uk you can find a truly interactive Christian community helping you find all you need to live, learn and grow your faith.
On 27 September 2007, Time magazine reported that ‘the traditional male is an endangered species; it’s time to rethink masculinity’.
- Why, in the Bible, are so many giants of faith men, is it simply because it was a male dominated society, or because God has some roles specifically for men?
- If, as claimed by their critics, men are natural adventurers and risk takers how can that be used to advantage in the church, or are those days over now?
Tell us. Post your ideas, views and tips - beautiful bizarre and brilliant at Eden.co.uk
February 25th, 2012 - Posted & Written by Les Ellison