Just as the birds choose the morning to sing - we can use this time to daily connect with God
7 magnificent devotional tips from the birds
Early hours are the best time to enjoy birdsong and the best time to open a morning dialogue with God. Daily devotionals are useful any time of day, but here are 7 magnificent reasons why having your own early morning devotional time has much in common with why birds choose to sing in the morning.
Make your devotional song while the world is still: The world only gets faster and more intrusive as the day goes on. Early morning is your best opportunity to take control – maybe getting up a little earlier, to find the time and stillness to spend with God.
- Morning Devotional - D L Moody: If you wake up each morning with your agenda racing through your mind, try Dwight L Moody’s classic daily meditations on God's promises. Find each morning the strength, guidance, and wisdom to see you through the day.
Claim your territory for the day: Just like the bird’s you need to map out your spiritual territory. How will you keep yourself safe from the world? Where will the threats come from today and how will you prepare your defences?
- Once-A-Day Devotional for Men: Really short devotions for busy men who need the strength and the heart of God with them day by day in a man’s world. Bible text, quick thought and starter lines of prayer fit easily into any day.
Leave gaps and learn to listen: It’s not just about what you have to say and do. It’s also about waiting and listening. Before the rest of the world is up and about is the best time to find peace and quiet, and find that essential word or thought.
- Hearing from God Each Morning – Joyce Meyer: When it’s difficult even hear yourself think, learn to recognise God's voice in the many ways He speaks to you on a daily basis. Discover the benefits of asking God for the sensitivity to hear His voice even
Practice and develop your ‘song’: Prayers can become stale and monotonous without practice. A morning devotional will help you clear your mind and focus your thoughts into a wider range of responsive, purposeful prayers.
- Max Lucado’s Children's Daily Devotional Bible: Daily words of encouragement and the gentle wisdom of Max Lucado. Written on a level that children can read and understand, it’s the ideal start to a lifetime of daily prayer and Bible reading.
Strengthen your relationships: And not just with your mate and partner. Understanding, appreciating and learning to feel God’s all inclusive love for you will help you share that love with your family, community and colleagues.
- Breakfast with God: spiritual food for every day - Gerard Kelly and others: Hearty spiritual nourishment filled with stories and readings in easy-to-understand language to help you see God at work in all aspects of life.
In the morning, every morning: Everything becomes easier and more meaningful with practice. Everyday devotions with a carefully chosen course will become a much anticipated pleasure fitting easily into a new daily pattern of prayer.
- This Morning with God – Jennifer Rothschild: Help for busy women to start their day with peace, purpose, and a great big dose of encouragement. Each short, scripture based story or illustration is followed by a section to help you open a day-long conversation with God.
Spring that lasts all year: Through the spring and early summer, early dawns making early rising a pleasure with so much daylight to enjoy. And when the nights grow longer, your new devotions will see you through to the coming spring.
- Worship Devotional – a month in words and music: The devotional that creates your worship space with a daily music CD track from best loved Christian singer/songwriters. Each track is accompanied by a verse of scripture, a reflection and prayer. Available for the whole year or month by month
Perfect devotional for father’s day
- One-minute Devotions for dads – Jay Payeitner: More than 125 daily short, humerous ‘coaching sessions’ fit into the busy dad’s early morning routine with a straightforward thing to do or consider for the day. Available to pre-order at Eden.co.uk.
Quick Guide to Morning Devotionals to Start your Day
What are they?
- Daily devotionals designed to get your day off to the right start.
- Short readings, prayers and thoughts to fit into your morning.
- Editions specially written for men, women, children and students.
What will they do for me?
- Help you find the peace and strength that comes from starting each morning to God.
- Encourage you to get the best from your day by getting it off to the best start.
- Help you take control of your day’s busy schedule right from its start.
Over to You
At Eden.co.uk you can find a truly interactive Christian community helping you find all you need to live, learn and grow your faith.
- When do you find time for your personal devotions, how do you do fit them into your busy day?
- Do you think it's easier or better to spend time with God at the end of the day or at the beginning?
Tell us. Post your ideas, views and tips – beautiful, bizarre and brilliant at Eden.co.uk
May 5th, 2012 - Posted & Written by Les Ellison