Thinking of You Paperback
A Practical Resource for Ministry to Those with Dementia
by Joanna Collicutt;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 24 October?
Order within 57 hours and 43 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 24 October when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
A thoughtful approach to dementia that is sensitive and understanding, this practical guide will help you guide people through dark times.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £9.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Thinking of You
Full Product Description
This book approaches dementia from a number of angles: biological, psychological, sociological, and theological.
After an introduction explaining the multifaceted nature of this set of conditions, some possible theological responses are offered to such questions as: what is the nature of human identity?
How can someone with severely impaired cognition have a full spiritual life? The book's final two sections are predominantly practical, addressing the spiritual care of the affected individual and how to help churches support affected individuals and their carers.
This final section includes resources for ministry in residential care homes.
Thinking of You by Joanna Collicutt was published by BRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship) in March 2017 and is our 9259th best seller. The ISBN for Thinking of You is 9780857464910.
Reviews of Thinking of You
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Thinking of You.
Part 1: Thinking about dementia
- Chapter 1 A medical approach to dementia: 'Old-timer's disease'?
- Chapter 2 A biological approach to dementia: the fading brain
- Chapter 3 A social approach to dementia: not gone but forgotten
Part 2: Thinking about the person with dementia
- Chapter 4 I think therefore I am?
- Chapter 5 Beyond 'I think therefore I am'
- Chapter 6 God thinks therefore I am
Part 3: Thinking of you: the spiritual care of people with dementia
- Chapter 7 Being present to the person with dementia
- Chapter 8 Meaning-making in dementia
- Chapter 9 Remembering the person with dementia
Part 4: Thinking about us: dementia-friendly churches
- Chapter 10 Full inclusion
- Chapter 11 Real belonging
- Chapter 12 Celebration
- Chapter 13 Connection
- Chapter 14 Safe enough to play
Details for Thinking of You
|Author / Artist||Joanna Collicutt|
|Publisher||BRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship) (March 2017)|
|Number of Pages||256|
|Page last updated||19th October 2017|