Diddy Disciples is a creative and playful new worship and Bible storytelling resource for babies, toddlers and young children. Diddy Disciples aims to encourage participation, discipleship and leadership from children's earliest years, using storytelling, singing, colour, repetition, art and lots and lots of movement! Peer-learning is actively encouraged with many opportunities for young children to learn from each other.
Groups are invited to build their own Diddy Disciples sessions, choosing from different options. Leaders can use the material to create a service to follow the pattern of their church's Sunday worship, a simple midweek baby and toddler singing session, or anything in between!
Book 1 includes:
- Over 20 weeks' worth of fully worked-out sessions organized into 4-6 week units from September to December
- All the information you need to set up and run Diddy Disciples in your group
- Plenty of opportunities to tailor the material to your own context, resources and tradition
- All sorts of creative 'starter ideas' for using everyday art and play resources to spark children's imaginations and engagement as they respond to the biblical stories.
The Units are:
- Jesus' wonderful love: six weeks introducing some of Jesus' most famous parables
- God the maker: six weeks on creation and caring for it, including a Harvest celebration
- In November we remember: four weeks including All Saints and Remembrance Sunday
- Getting ready for baby Jesus: five weeks journeying through Advent to Christmas