Suspense and romantic thriller writer, and creator of the Women of Justice series, Lynette Eason’s latest collection of emotionally charged action novels – Deadly Reunions, opens with a new heroine in the world of fire-fighting smoke-jumpers with the explosive title: When the Smoke Clears.
With her novels packed tight with romance, thrills and suspense, Lynette Eason specialises in creating heroines who manage to retain their femininity while hacking it with the best of them in a man’s world.
Lynette Eason’s heroines – whether it’s forensic anthropologist, Jamie Cash (Don’t Look Back), hostage negotiator, Kit Kenyon (A Killer Among Us) or Smoke-Jumper, Alexia Allen (When the Smoke Clears), take on every dangerous situation and relationship with strength of mind, heart and faith.
Romance and suspense with a faith base
Since her 2004 novel, Gift of Grace Lynette has written more than fifteen novels that combine faith with suspense and romance. Her popular series of books include the Amazon Adventure series, High Stakes series, Women of Justice, Rose Mountain and her latest series for 2012: Deadly Reunions.
A relatively new writer to the crime fiction-romance genre, Lynette Eason is on her way to esablishing a reputation and a following within the Christian faith based audience, and in the wider world of suspense and thriller readers.
Thriller novelist with a Christian heart
Growing up in Greenville, South Carolina, Lynette Eason’s home church of Northgate Baptist was the primary faith influence of her early years. Dedicated Sunday School teachers and Christian parents prepared her for her own decision to accept Christ at the age of eight.
With a Business Degree from the University of South Carolina, Lynette moved to Spartanburg in the same state and studied for her Masters in Education. Married to Jack Eason a much in demand speaker and worship leader, the couple have two teenage children and still live in the Carolinas.
Writing bestselling faith based fiction
A member of The Romance Writers of America, FHL - Faith, Hope, and Love and The American Christian Fiction Writers, Lynette is also a popular speaker at crime writers’ conferences and novelists’ retreats.
A profession thriller writer, Lynette’s favourite books by other authors are mostly within her specialist genre. “I love anything written by Brandilyn Collins.” Deborah Raney, Robert Liparulo, Dee Henderson and Ted Dekker. Fellow faith inspired fiction writer Karen Kingsbury also features on her reading list.
Dramatic plots and genuine characters
Asked about where she gets the ideas for her books, Lynette says, “I get ideas everywhere: a movie, a song a sermon… After I have the little seedling of an idea, I try to grow it.” With the essentials of the idea scribbled down wherever she happens to be, Lynette takes her notes home and lets the seed germinate.
“I have to introduce myself to my characters,” she explains, “Once I've gotten the characters down, I move on to the plot.” Lynette reckons that the first chapter of a new book is always the hardest: "once the characters have made the story their own, the middle chapters tend to go pretty well."
Always with a mind to creating the maximum of dramatic tension, Lynette Eason tries to imagine the worst things that could happen to her created hero and heroine: “then I try to make it even worse,” she says, “and then I have to figure out how to get them out of it.”
Lynette Eason Library: series and titles
Amazon Adventure Series
- Lethal Deception: Who wanted Cassidy McKnight dead? Surely not that the former Navy SEAL could ever forget the brave, beautiful single mother.
- River of Secrets: The patient in the makeshift Amazon hospital looks familiar to nurse Amy Graham. This isn't the first time she's seen those eyes, and handsome face.
- Holiday Illusion: The woman whom Doctor Lucas Bennet’s known all this time is really someone else. Someone with a very frightening past.
High Stakes Series
- A Silent Terror: When Marianna Santino's room-mate is killed, Detective Ethan O'Hara can't fathom the motive. Then he realizes who was the intended target.
- A Silent Fury: Tragedy strikes twice. With one student murdered and another missing, it's up to homicide detective Catelyn Clark to find the killer.
- A Silent Pursuit: She'd been told her fiance died in the military. Gina Santino thought her otherwise but never imagined his killers would come after her.
Women of Justice Series
- Too Close to Home: Samantha Cash is the FBI's secret weapon. Her methods are invisible, and she never stops until the case is solved.
- Don't Look Back: Forensic anthropologist Jamie Cash has survived a brutal kidnapping, torture, and rape. Now she is haunted by memories of her terrifying past.
- A Killer Among Us: Kit Kenyon is a first-rate hostage negotiator. Noah Lambert is a good detective. Now they are thrown together into a grisly murder.
Rose Mountain Refuge Series
- Agent Undercover: The traumatized six-year-old boy hasn't said one word since the unsolved murder of his single mother. Now the killer is after the child
- Holiday Hideout: All Dr. Abby Sullivan wants for Christmas is to escape her guilt. Yet no matter how far and fast she runs, she can't leave behind her past.
- When the Smoke Clears: As a member of the North Cascades smoke-jumpers, Alexia Allen knows something is up when she nearly dies in an equipment failure.
- When a Heart Stops: Spunky and outgoing, nothing much bothers medical examiner Serena Hopkins - except for the thought of falling in love again.
Other Novels by Lynette Eason
- Gift of Grace: David Walton is mad at God and on the run with his daughter. Falling in love wasn't in the plan.
- Protective Custody: Guarding witnesses is all in a day's work for Carly Masterson. Protecting the man responsible for her friend’s death is another story.
- Missing: Her daughter is the most important person in Lacey Gibson's world. So when the girl disappears, Lacey will do anything to find her.
Texas Ranger Justice Series (contibution)
- Threat of Exposure: To crack the codes that stand between him and the drugs dealers, agent Brock Martin must win over Texas Ranger Gisella Hernandez.
Fitzgerald Bay Series (contribution)
- The Black Sheep's Redemption: Demi Taylor’s amnesia is only the start of her problems. Now she someone sinister from her old life is watching her.
Omnibus - (with Valerie Hansen)
- My Deadly Valentine: Features Dark Obsession by Lynette Eason – A Valentine’s Day break in mystery and a high school sweetheart.
New Lynette Eason titles for 2012
With Lynette Eason set to publish a second new title in her Deadly Reunions series and another for the Fitzgerald Bay series, 2012 promises to be an exciting year for faith based romantic fiction readers. Check Eden.co.uk for the newest releases of all faith based romantic and thriller fiction and sign up for news of all the latest titles and authors.
March 25th, 2012 - Posted & Written by Les Ellison