This Strange and Sacred Scripture Paperback
Wrestling with the Old Testament and Its Oddities
by Matthew Richard Schlimm;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 3 days
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £13.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
This Strange and Sacred Scripture
Full Product Description
Combining pastoral insight, biblical scholarship, and a healthy dose of humility, gifted teacher and communicator Matthew Schlimm explores perennial theological questions raised by the Old Testament. He provides strategies for reading and appropriating these sacred texts, showing how the Old Testament can shape the lives of Christians today and helping them appreciate the Old Testament as a friend in faith.
1. Is the Old Testament an Enemy, Stranger, or Friend to the Christian Faith?
2. Our Fleeting Moments in Paradise
3. Darkness over the Face of the Deep
4. The R-Rated Bible
5. Killing All That Breathes: Violence in the Old Testament
6. Male and Female God Created Them: Gender and the Old Testament
7. God Commands Us to Do What?! The Strange Laws of the Bible
8. Is the Law Engraved in Stone? The Dynamic Nature of God's Law
9. Truth Is Many Sided
10. Drowning in Tears and Raging at God
11. Great and Terrible Is the Wrath of the Lord
12. The Old Testament's Authority
Appendix: A Literal Translation of Genesis 2:4b-4:16
This Strange and Sacred Scripture by Matthew Richard Schlimm was published by Baker Publishing Group in March 2015 and is our 48645th best seller. The ISBN for This Strange and Sacred Scripture is 9780801039799.
Reviews of This Strange and Sacred Scripture
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about This Strange and Sacred Scripture.
Details for This Strange and Sacred Scripture
|Author / Artist||Matthew Richard Schlimm|
|Book Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publisher||Baker Publishing Group (March 2015)|
|Number of Pages||272|
|Page last updated||13th December 2017|