Thinking Again About Marriage Paperback
Key Theological Questions
by Susannah Cornwall;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £31.17 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Thinking Again About Marriage
Full Product Description
This book provides a serious but accessible exploration of the Christian theology of marriage, designed for undergraduate students and ordinands as well as clergy. The authors aim to guide readers into the practice of thinking theologically about marriage. They ask what is involved in thinking through marriage in the light of Scripture; what it means to draw on the Christian tradition; what it means to attend to the liturgical forms in which marriage is celebrated; and what it means to attend to experience theologically.
This book fills a very clear gap in the market for a considered approach to the theology of marriage. It places the issues surrounding same-sex marriage in the context of a broader Christian theology of marriage and seeks to offer a resource for critical and constructive thinking.
Chapters by these well-respected contributors are included:
- Commended for Study: Marriage In and Beyond Some Official Church Reports by Mike Higton
- One Man and One Woman? A History of Marriage by Charlotte Methuen
- Thinking About Marriage With Scripture by Ben Fulford
- A Way of Life Made Holy': Tradition, Time-Taking and Marriage in the Church of England by Frances Clemson
- "A Perfect Crown": Towards a Liturgical Theology of Marriage by Julie Gittoes
- Faithfulness to Sexuate Bodies: Generativity, Sex and Vocation by Susannah Cornwall
- "Gender Complementarity" in Marriage? Ascetical Challenges to a Modern Notion by Raphael Cadenhead
- Called to Become...A Vocational Theology of Marriage by John Bradbury
- Revisiting the Body's Grace by Brett Gray
- Marriage and the Law by Augur Pearce
- Toward a Theology of Marriage by Rachel Muers
Thinking Again About Marriage by Susannah Cornwall was published by SCM Press in February 2016 and is our 8593rd best seller. The ISBN for Thinking Again About Marriage is 9780334053699.
Reviews of Thinking Again About Marriage
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Thinking Again About Marriage.
Details for Thinking Again About Marriage
|Page last updated||17th October 2016|
|Author / Artist||Susannah Cornwall|
|Publisher||SCM Press (February 2016)|
|Number of Pages||288|