Thin Places Paperback
Six Postures for Creating and Practicing Missional Community
by Jon Huckins;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £9.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Full Product Description
The phrase ‘thin places’ originates from Celtic Christianity, which would describe a place where heaven and earth were blurred, with a thin layer separating them. Expanding on this phrase, John Huckins has produced six postures (sections) that clearly explain a way of community living with a missionary focus. These six postures are:
• Listening: We desire to be attuned to God, to self and to our neighbourhood
• Submerging: We desire to embody Jesus in our neighbourhood while participating in an apprenticing community
• Inviting: We desire to grasp the depth of God’s invitation to Kingdom life, become more inviting and invited people, while welcoming our neighbours into God’s redemptive story
• Contending: We desire to confront the things that hinder the full expression of the Kingdom of God, both spiritual and natural, in our community, among our friends and neighbours, and in our city
• Imagining: We desire to discern God’s call on our lives and help shape transformational faith communities
• Entrusting: We desire to entrust people to God and to others, celebrate our deeper understanding of God’s call on our lives and lean confidently into our future
With these six postures, John Hickins invites you to become a fully functioning Christian with God’s missionary heart at the centre of your life.
John Hickins lives in San Diego, is the International Director for Church Resource Ministries, the founder and director of Nieu-Communities. He proudly holds a Masters of Leadership and Theology. His passion is to mentor people in how to live a missional life.
Thin Places by Jon Huckins was published by Nazarene Publishing in July 2012 and is our 44419th best seller. The ISBN for Thin Places is 9780834128873.
Reviews of Thin Places
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Thin Places.
Details for Thin Places
|Page last updated||3rd February 2017|
|Author / Artist||Jon Huckins|
|Publisher||Nazarene Publishing (July 2012)|
|Number of Pages||160|