The Romantic Rationalist Paperback
God, Life, and the Imagination in the Work of C. S. Lewis
by John Piper, David Mathis, Randy Alcorn, Philip Ryken;
A Bird's Eye View
Discover the unique balance between rational and imaginative thinking in this fascinating study of C.S. Lewis' writings
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £11.44 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Romantic Rationalist
Full Product Description
This new book, edited by best-selling author John Piper and David Mathis, explores the man, his work, and his legacy, with chapters from Randy Alcorn, Philip Ryken, Kevin Vanhoozer, and Douglas Wilson. Overflowing with lessons from Lewis on the nature of Scripture, the gift of salvation, and the final restoration of all things, this volume will deepen your appreciation for this incredibly influential Christian writer.
“A book that displays the impressive breadth of Lewis’s appeal across denominational boundaries and that helpfully highlights the continuing importance of his example as a Christian who could think both rationally and imaginatively. Altogether an interesting, lively, and thought-provoking read.” — Michael Ward, Fellow of Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford.
“A great introduction to and reflection on a remarkable Christian!” — Michael A. G. Haykin, Professor of Church History and Biblical Spirituality, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
The Romantic Rationalist by John Piper, David Mathis, Randy Alcorn, Philip Ryken was published by Crossway in September 2014 and is our 55649th best seller. The ISBN for The Romantic Rationalist is 9781433544989.
Reviews of The Romantic Rationalist
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about The Romantic Rationalist.
Introduction: Half a Century since C. S. Lewis (David Mathis)
1. C. S. Lewis, Romantic Rationalist: How His Paths to Christ Shaped His Life and Ministry (John Piper)
2. Inerrancy and the Patron Saint of Evangelicalism: C. S. Lewis on Holy Scripture (Philip Ryken)
3. Undragoned: C. S. Lewis on the Gift of Salvation (Douglas Wilson)
4. In Bright Shadow: C. S. Lewis on the Imagination for Theology and Discipleship (Kevin Vanhoozer)
5. C. S. Lewis on Heaven and the New Earth: God’s Eternal Remedy to the Problem of Evil and Suffering (Randy Alcorn)
6. What God Made Is Good—and Must Be Sanctified: C. S. Lewis and St. Paul on the Use of Creation (John Piper)
Appendix 1: C. S. Lewis and the Doctrine of Hell (Randy Alcorn)
Appendix 2: A Conversation with the Contributors
Details for The Romantic Rationalist
|Page last updated||18th December 2016|
|Author / Artist||John Piper, David Mathis, Randy Alcorn, Philip Ryken|
|Publisher||Crossway (September 2014)|
|Number of Pages||192|