Someone to Believe in Paperback
An Advent Course Based on Miracle on 34th Street
by Sheila Jacobs;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Wednesday 20 December?
Order within 19 hours and 22 minutes for delivery on Wednesday 20 December when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
'Someone To Believe In' is the DLT 2015 4 week Advent course based on the much-loved Christmas classic 'Miracle on 34th Street' for small groups and personal devotions
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £5.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Someone to Believe in
Full Product Description
- Want an Advent Study that takes a visual approach
- This study Based on the classic film Miracle on 34th Street
- Perfect for people new to faith and Bible studies
'Someone To Believe In' is the DLT 2015 Advent course based on the much-loved Christmas classic 'Miracle on 34th Street'.
Deconstructing this famous film, Sheila Jones (award-winning UK Christian writer and editor) has produced a four week Advent course to help Christians grapple with faith, miracles, and the challenges this brings to our everyday life. The Academy Award-winning film famously puts Santa Claus on trail in the attempt to disprove his existence, hence why this film holds many teachable moments and discussion starters for modern day believers.
The four weekly sessions cover themes such as:
- The Christmas Story: what Jesus' miraculous birth means for you
- Beginnings: how faith develops, matures and responds to challenges
- Niggling Questions: 'what should I do when common sense tells me not to believe?'
- Belief versus Faith: learning to recognise the difference
- Miracles: understanding the gift of miracles
The 2015 DLT Advent Course includes film timings so that groups and individuals can watch Miracle on 34th Street (includes the time reference for both the 1947 original and the 1994 remake). Each session also includes discussion questions, reflections, activities and suggested closing prayers.
Join Maureen O'Hara, John Payne, Richard Attenborough and Shelia Jacobs for this journey into the ultimate Christmas miracle.
Someone to Believe in by Sheila Jacobs was published by Darton,Longman & Todd Ltd in August 2015 and is our 2300th best seller. The ISBN for Someone to Believe in is 9780232531909.
Reviews of Someone to Believe in
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Someone to Believe in.
Perfect for small groups and individual study during Advent, Someone to Believe In is a study course based on the classic movie Miracle on 34th Street. Following the successful format of DLT's acclaimed Lent Course books, it comprises a four-week structure to help readers to take a closer look at the coming of Jesus and the faith required to believe in him as who he claimed to be.
1. What do we have faith in? Why do we lose our faith? How do others' views colour our own?
2. Is Christmas really a 'frame of mind'? How do we respond when our faith is challenged?
3. Is faith really about believing in things when common sense tells you not to? Giving up something for what we believe?
4. Belief versus faith, and seeing miracles.
The course offers discussion points, reflections and prayers as well as suggested clips from the film to watch from the DVD each week. The clips are based on the classic 1947 original of the movie, but readers may benefit from watching the 1994 remake also.
Details for Someone to Believe in
|Author / Artist||Sheila Jacobs|
|Publisher||Darton,Longman & Todd Ltd (August 2015)|
|Number of Pages||112|
|Page last updated||3rd August 2017|