Messy Parables Paperback
25 Retellings for all Ages
by Martyn Payne;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 27 February?
Order within 32 hours and 9 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 27 February when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
Bring the parables to new storytelling life with these retellings made to spark the imagination of listeners, along with prayer ideas and questions.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £8.94 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Full Product Description
Storytelling has been a part of sharing Christianity for as long as Christianity has been there to share. Jesus told stories to his disciples, stories of the kings and prophets were passed down in families, and the Bible is often called the story of God's love.
Just as good stories are key, so is good storytelling.
That's where Messy Church comes in.
Having given a platform for Church leaders across the country to share stories of the Bible with families across the UK, they now want to empower people into better, more vivid and captivating ways of storytelling.
Messy Parables gives you not only hints and helps into captivating storytelling, but provides you with new retellings of the parables to help share Jesus' message in way that will stay in the listener's mind.
Each of Jesus' parables is broken down into different ways of communication that will reach all kinds of listeners:
Each parable begins with the Biblical text, the very root of the lesson you are teaching that day
Get Ready - a first look at what the story means, the details surrounding it, and all the other aspects of the story to help flesh it out
Get Set - Here are the materials you may need to help visualise the parable
Go! - Here is the meat of it - the dialogues, questions, sketches, scenes and invitations for response. Here is where the parable is related to life today, and its meaning are explored
Prayer idea - each parable ends with a time of prayer, and different prayer, and ways to pray, are presented for everyone to pray along with
Storytelling is a tradition as old as humanity, and it's your turn to carry the torch.
It's time for vivid stories, exciting tales, and life-filled lessons.
It's time for Messy Parables.
Messy Parables by Martyn Payne was published by Messy Church in June 2017 and is our 2875th best seller. The ISBN for Messy Parables is 9780857465504.
Reviews of Messy Parables
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Messy Parables.
- The importance of story
- The power of parable
- The challenge of all-age storytelling
- Becoming a messy storyteller
- 1 Messy baking: The parable of the yeast
- 2 Messy bridesmaids: The parable of the ten young women
- 3 Messy brothers: The parable of the two sons
- 4 Messy builders: The parable of the wise and foolish builders
- 5 Messy choices: The parable of the rich man and Lazarus
- 6 Messy coins: The parable of the lost coin
- 7 Messy contracts: The parable of the workers in the vineyard
- 8 Messy excuses: The parable of the great banquet
- 9 Messy families: The parable of the prodigal son
- 10 Messy fishing: The parable of the fish caught in the net
- 11 Messy forgiveness: The parable of the unforgiving servant
- 12 Messy friends: The parable of the friend at midnight
- 13 Messy gifts: The parable of the talents
- 14 Messy harvest: The parable of the wheat and the weeds
- 15 Messy justice: The parable of the widow and the judge
- 16 Messy livestock: The parable of the lost sheep
- 17 Messy market day: The parable of the sheep and the goats
- 18 Messy motives: The parable of the shrewd manager
- 19 Messy riches: The parable of the man who built bigger barns
- 20 Messy seeds: The parable of the mustard seed
- 21 Messy soils: The parable of the sower
- 22 Messy tenants: The parable of the tenants and the vineyard
- 23 Messy travellers: The parable of the good Samaritan
- 24 Messy treasures: The parable of the hidden treasure and the pearl
- 25 Messy words: The parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector
Other products in the Messy Church Series
See other items in the Messy Church Series
Samples of this Book
Details for Messy Parables
|Author / Artist||Martyn Payne|
|Publisher||Messy Church (June 2017)|
|Number of Pages||144|
|Page last updated||4th June 2017|