The Message of Women Paperback
Creation, grace and gender
by Derek & Dianne Tidball;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 3 days
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £12.50 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Message of Women
Full Product Description
In the Old Testament we find Eve in the garden of Eden; the matriarchs Sarah, Rebekah, Leah and Rachel; Deborah and Ruth in the time of the Judges; the prophetesses Huldah in King Josiah's time; the capable woman of Proverbs 31; the passionate woman in the Song of Songs.
In the Gospels, various women are involved in the life of Jesus, not least his mother Mary and the first witnesses to his resurrection. The book of Acts includes Lydia the converted businesswoman and Priscilla the fearless teacher.
Furthermore, both testaments also contain much teaching about women's life and ministry, for example in prayer, in worship, in marriage and in leadership.
Derek and Dianne Tidball's wide-ranging exposition begins with some foundations about women in creation and in the new creation.
Next, they survey women under the old covenant.
Thirdly, they examine women in the kingdom of God, in the life and teaching of Jesus,
and in the final section they deal with women in the new community of the early church, and grapple with some of the more controversial writings of the apostle Paul.
Mindful of the complexities, challenges and debates, the authors seek to approach the Bible with humility and integrity, while addressing vitally relevant issues for Christians today with clarity and confidence.
The Message of Women by Derek & Dianne Tidball was published by IVP in October 2012 and is our 4808th best seller. The ISBN for The Message of Women is 9781844745951.
Reviews of The Message of Women
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about The Message of Women.
Part 1. Foundations
1. Women as the image of God (Genesis 1:26–30; 2:18–25)
2. Women and the fall of humanity (Genesis 3:1–24)
3. Women and the new creation (Galatians 3:26–28)
Part 2. Women under the old covenant
4. Family women (Genesis 24:1–67; 25:19–34; 26:34 – 27:46)
5. Victimized women (Judges 19:1–30)
6. Leading women (Judges 4:1 – 5:31)
7. Resolute women (Ruth 1:1 – 4:22)
8. Prophetic women (2 Kings 22:11–20)
9. Passionate women (Song of Songs 1:1 – 8:14)
10. Capable women (Proverbs 31:10–31)
Part 3. Women in the kingdom
11. Women in the life of Jesus (Luke 1:26–56; Mark 3:20–35; John 2:1–12; 19:25–27)
12. Women in the encounters of Jesus (Mark 5:22–34; Luke 7:36–50; John 4:1–42)
13. Women in the teaching of Jesus
14. Women as disciples of Jesus (Luke 8:1–3; Luke 23:44 – 24:12)
Part 4. Women in the new community
15. Women in action (Acts 16:13–15; 18:18–28; Romans 16:1–16; Philippians 4:2–3)
16. Women in prayer (1 Corinthians 11:2–16)
17. Women in worship (1 Corinthians 14:26–40)
18. Women in marriage (1 Corinthians 7:1–7; Ephesians 5:21–33; 1 Peter 3:1–7)
19. Women in leadership (1 Timothy 2:11–15)
20. Women in widowhood (1 Timothy 5:3–16)
Other products in the Bible Speaks Today Bible Themes Series Series
See other items in the Bible Speaks Today Bible Themes Series Series
Details for The Message of Women
|Author / Artist||Derek & Dianne Tidball|
|Publisher||IVP (October 2012)|
|Number of Pages||304|
|Page last updated||6th January 2016|