Exploring Catholic Theology Paperback
Essays on God, Liturgy, and Evangelization
by Robert Barron;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 3 days
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
Get to grips with the theology and thought that is the foundation to the largest Christian denomination in the world.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £14.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Exploring Catholic Theology
Full Product Description
Robert Barron is one of the Catholic Church's premier theologians and author of the influential The Priority of Christ.
In this volume, Barron sets forth a thoroughgoing vision for an evangelical catholic theology that is steeped in the tradition and engaged with the contemporary world.
Striking a balance between academic rigor and accessibility, the book covers issues of perennial interest in the twenty-first-century church: who God is, how to rightly worship him, and how his followers engage contemporary culture. Topics include the doctrine of God, Catholic theology, philosophy, liturgy, and evangelizing the culture. This work will be of special interest to readers concerned about the so-called "new atheism."
Exploring Catholic Theology by Robert Barron was published by Baker Publishing Group in August 2015 and is our 43952nd best seller. The ISBN for Exploring Catholic Theology is 9780801097508.
Reviews of Exploring Catholic Theology
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Exploring Catholic Theology.
Foreword by Charles J. Chaput, OFM Cap.
Part 1: Doctrine of God
1. Augustine's Questions: Why the Augustinian Theology of God Matters Today
2. Thomas Aquinas and Why the Atheists Are Right
3. The Metaphysics of Coinherence: A Mediation on the Essence of the Christian Message
4. The Trinity on Display in the Economy of Salvation: An Irenaean Meditation
Part 2: Theology and Philosophy
5. To See According to the Icon of Jesus Christ: Reflections on the Catholic Intellectual Tradition
6. A Tale of Two Cardinals: Avery Dulles's Creative Engagement with the Thought of John Henry Newman
7. John Henry Newman among the Postmoderns
8. Biblical Interpretation and Theology: A Meditation on Irenaeus, Modernity, and Vatican II
Part 3: Liturgy and Eucharist
9. The Eucharist as the Telos of the Law in the Writings of Thomas Aquinas
10. The Liturgical Self: An Exploration of Christian Anthropology in Light of the Liturgy
11. The Eucharist: Sacred Banquet, Sacrifice, Real Presence
Part 4: A New Evangelization
12. Why Bernard Lonergan Matters for Pastoral People
13. Announcing the Lordship of Jesus Christ: The Evangelical Task within Contemporary Culture
14. From Correlation to Assimilation: A New Model for the Church-Culture Dialogue
15. To Evangelize the Culture
Details for Exploring Catholic Theology
|Author / Artist||Robert Barron|
|Book Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publisher||Baker Publishing Group (August 2015)|
|Number of Pages||272|
|Page last updated||23rd March 2017|