A Year Of Biblical Womanhood Paperback
How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting on Her Roof, Covering Her Head, and Calling Her Husband Master
by Rachel Held Evans;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £9.11 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
A Year Of Biblical Womanhood
Full Product Description
Strong and committed in her faith – but frustrated by the inconsistencies she saw in her evangelical culture’s view of women – Rachel Held Evans became an independent woman. But, intrigued by the traditionalist resurgence that led many of her friends to abandon their careers to assume traditional gender roles in the home, Evans had a crazy idea: What if I took “biblical womanhood” literally for a full year?
In the next twelve months Rachel:
- Wore a scarf over her head to pray
- Called her husband “master” and stood on the roadside with a sign that said “Dan is Awesome”
- Adopted a computerized baby
- Perched on the roof for an afternoon of penance for gossiping
- Camped out in her front yard during her period
- Visited an Amish schoolhouse, a pig farm in Bolivia, and a Benedictine monastery
- Took up baking and knitting
- Interviewed a polygamist, a Quiverfull daughter and a courtship couple
With just the right mixture of humour and insight, Evans takes readers along with her on a lively adventure. In the process she discovers that the journey itself leads her right to the heart of God.
A Year Of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans was published by Thomas Nelson in October 2012 and is our 15257th best seller. The ISBN for A Year Of Biblical Womanhood is 9781595553676.
Reviews of A Year Of Biblical Womanhood
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Take a peek at some articles related to A Year Of Biblical Womanhood .
|Rachel Held Evans Asks What is Biblical Womanhood?
Posted: Monday, October 8th
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about A Year Of Biblical Womanhood .
Details for A Year Of Biblical Womanhood
|Page last updated||25th October 2013|
|Author / Artist||Rachel Held Evans|
|Book Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publisher||Thomas Nelson (October 2012)|
|Number of Pages||352|