The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul Paperback
by James D G Dunn;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £33.10 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul
Full Product Description
The apostle Paul has been justifiably described as the first and greatest Christian theologian. His letters were among the earliest documents to be included in the New Testament and, as such, they shaped Christian thinking from the beginning.
As a missionary, theologian and pastor Paul's own wrestling with theological and ethical questions of his day is paradigmatic for Christian theology, not least for Christianity's own identity and continuing relationship with Judaism.
The Cambridge Companion to St Paul provides an important assessment of this apostle and a fresh appreciation of his continuing significance today. With eighteen chapters written by a team of leading international specialists on Paul, the Companion provides a sympathetic and critical overview of the apostle, covering his life and work, his letters and his theology. The volume will provide an invaluable starting point and helpful cross check for subsequent studies.
- Editor one of the world's most prominent and widely-known Pauline scholars
- Contributors are leading specialists on Paul and early Christianity
- International in perspective
The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul by James D G Dunn was published by Cambridge University Press in October 2003 and is our 19443rd best seller. The ISBN for The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul is 9780521786942.
Reviews of The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul.
If you like this you may also like...
Part I. Paul's Life and Work:
1. Paul's life Klaus Haacker
2. Paul as missionary and pastor Stephen C. Barton
Part II. Paul's Letters:
3. 1 and 2 Thessalonians Margaret M. Mitchell
4. Galatians Bruce Longenecker
5. 1 and 2 Corinthians Jerome Murphy-O'Connor
6. Romans Robert Jewett
7. Philippians Morna Hooker
8. Colossians and Philemon Loren Stuckenbruck
9. Ephesians Andrew T. Lincoln
10. The pastoral epistles Arland J. Hultgren
Part III. Paul's Theology:
11. Paul's Jewish presuppositions Alan F. Segal
12. Paul's gospel Graham N. Stanton
13. Paul's christology L. W. Hurtado
14. Paul's ecclesiology Luke Timothy Johnson
15. Paul's ethics Brian Rosner
Part IV. St. Paul:
16. Paul in the second century Calvin J. Roetzel
17. Paul's enduring legacy Robert Morgan
18. Contemporary perspectives on Paul Ben Witherington III
Other products in the Cambridge Companions Series
See other items in the Cambridge Companions Series
Samples of this Book
Details for The Cambridge Companion to St.Paul
|Page last updated||31st March 2017|
|Author / Artist||James D G Dunn|
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press (October 2003)|
|Editor||James D. G. Dunn (University of Durham)|
|Number of Pages||324|