Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes Paperback
Cultural Studies in the Gospels
by Kenneth Bailey;
Rated 5 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Friday 18 August?
Order within 12 hours and 37 minutes for delivery on Friday 18 August when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £14.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes
Full Product Description
Through it all, Bailey employs his trademark expertise as a master of Middle Eastern culture to lead you into a deeper understanding of the person and significance of Jesus within his own cultural context. With a sure but gentle hand, Bailey lifts away the obscuring layers of modern Western interpretation to reveal Jesus in the light of his actual historical and cultural setting.
This entirely new material from the pen of Ken Bailey is a must-have for any student of the New Testament. If you have benefited from Bailey's work over the years, this book will be a welcome and indispensable addition to your library. If you are unfamiliar with Bailey's work, this book will introduce you to a very old yet entirely new way of understanding Jesus.
Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes by Kenneth Bailey was published by SPCK in March 2008 and is our 2833rd best seller. The ISBN for Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes is 9780281059751.
Reviews of Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Jesus Through Middle Eastern EyesRichard Greatrex, via The Good Book Stall
If you know that Kenneth Bailey spent forty years living and teaching the New Testament in the Middle East then you will understand how informative and revelatory this book is. And if you have read any of his other works you will be aware how he can cut through the accretions of centuries of westernization of the Gospel and can present it with fresh eyes – the eyes of those who have lived in the same social milieu as Jesus. This is a marvellous book for the general reader and preacher alike, reaching beyond the Lukan focus of his previous titles to present startling insights into many of our favourite Gospel passages and imbuing them with a genuinely Palestinian perspective.
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes.
If you like this you may also like...
Part 1: The Birth of Jesus
1. The Story of Jesus' Birth: Luke 2:1-20
2. The Genealogy and Joseph the Just: Matthew 1:1-21
3. The Savior, the Wise Men and the Vision of Isaiah: Matthew 2:1-12; Isaiah 60:1-7
4. Herod's Atrocities, Simeon and Anna: Matthew 2:13-18; Luke 2:22-36
Part 2: The Beatitudes
5. The Beatitudes 1: Matthew 5:1-5
6. The Beatitudes 2: Matthew 5:6-12
Part 3: The Lord's Prayer
7. The Lord's Prayer: God Our Father: Matthew 6:5-9
8. The Lord's Prayer: God's Holiness: Matthew 6:9
9. The Lord's Prayer: God's Kingdom and Our Bread: Matthew 6:10-11
10. The Lord's Prayer: Our Sins and Evil: Matthew 6:12-13
Part 4: Dramatic Actions of Jesus
11. The Call of Peter: Luke 5:1-11
12. The Inauguration of Jesus' Ministry: Luke 4:16-31
13. The Blind Man and Zacchaeus: Luke 18:35-19:11
Part 5: Jesus and Women
14. Jesus and Women: An Introduction
15. The Woman at the Well: John 4:1-42
16. The Syro-Phoenician Woman: Matthew 15:21-28
17. The Lady Is Not for Stoning: John 7:53-8:11
18. The Woman in the House of Simeon the Pharisee: Luke 7:36-50
19. The Parable of the Widow and the Judge: Luke 18:1-8
20. The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Young Women: Matthew 25:1-13
Part 6: Parables of Jesus
21. Introduction to the Parables
22. The Parable of the Good Samaritan: Luke 10:25-37
23. The Parable of the Rich Fool: Luke 12:13-21
24. The Parable of the Great Banquet: Luke 14:15-24
25. The Parable of the Two Builders: Luke 6:46-49
26. The Parable of the Unjust Steward: Luke 16:1-8
27. The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector: Luke 18:9-14
28. The Parable of the Compassionate Employer: Matthew 20:1-16
29. The Parable of the Serving Master: Luke 12:35-38
30. The Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man: Luke 16:19-30
31. The Parable of the Pounds: Luke 19:11-27
32. The Parable of the Noble Vineyard Owner and His Son: Luke 20:9-18
Details for Jesus Through Middle Eastern Eyes
|Page last updated||2nd June 2017|
|Author / Artist||Kenneth Bailey|
|Publisher||SPCK (March 2008)|
|Number of Pages||400|