Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema Paperback
by Ian Buchanan; Patricia MacCormack;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 48 hours
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £19.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema
Full Product Description
This collection opens up a fresh field of inquiry for Deleuze scholars and poses an exciting challenge to cinema studies in general. Featuring some of the most important cinema studies scholars working on Deleuze and Guattari today, Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema is a cutting edge collection that will set the agenda for future work in this area.
Introduction: Five Theses of Actually Existing Schizoanalysis of Cinema, Ian Buchanan (Cardiff University, UK)
1. Schizoanalysis and the Phenomenology of Cinema, Joe Hughes (University of Edinburgh, UK)
2. Schizoanalysis and the Cinema of the Brain, Gregg Lambert (Syracuse University, USA)
3. Losing Face, Gregory Flaxman (University of North Carolina, USA) and Elena Oxman (University of North Carolina, USA)
4. Disorientation, Duration and Tarkovsky, Mark Riley (Roehampton University, UK)
5. Suspended Gestures: Schizoanalysis, Affect and the Face in Cinema, Amy Herzog (CUNY, USA)
6. Schizoanalysis, Spectacle and the Spaghetti Western, David Martin-Jones (University of St Andrews, UK)
7. Cinemas of Minor Frenchness, Bill Marshall (University of Glasgow, UK)
8. Delirium Cinema or Machines of the Invisible?, Patricia Pisters (University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
9. Off Your Face: Schizoanalysis, Faciality and Cinema, Anna Powell (Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
10. An Ethics of Spectatorship: Love, Death and Cinema, Patricia MacCormack (Anglia Ruskin University, UK)
Ian Buchanan is Professor of Critical and Cultural Theory at Cardiff University, UK. He is the author of Deleuzism (Edinburgh UP, 2000) and the editor of Deleuze Studies.
Patricia MacCormack is Senior Lecturer in Communication and Film at Anglia Ruskin University, UK. She is the author of Cinesexuality (Ashgate, 2008).
Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema by Ian Buchanan; Patricia MacCormack was published by Continuum in July 2008 and is our 36012th best seller. The ISBN for Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema is 9781847061287.
Reviews of Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema.
Details for Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Cinema
|Page last updated||17th July 2017|
|Author / Artist||Ian Buchanan; Patricia MacCormack|
|Publisher||Continuum (July 2008)|
|Editor||Ian Buchanan; Patricia MacCormack|
|Number of Pages||176|