The Dawkins Delusion Paperback
Answering Dawkin's manifesto of Atheist fundamentalism.
by Alister McGrath; Joanna Collicutt McGrath;
Rated 4 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 24 October?
Order within 12 hours and 5 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 24 October when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
A thoughtful, considered, and knowledgeable response to the famous book by Richard Dawkins, Alister McGrath brings a life of expertise to a heated topic.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £7.94 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Dawkins Delusion
Full Product Description
The volume has received wide coverage, fuelled much passionate debate and caused not a little confusion.
Alister McGrath is ideally placed to evaluate Dawkins' ideas. Once an atheist himself, he gained a doctorate in molecular biophysics before going on to become a leading Christian theologian. He wonders how two people, who have reflected at length on substantially the same world, could possibly have come to such different conclusions about God.
McGrath subjects Dawkins' critique of faith to rigorous scrutiny. His exhilarating, meticulously argued response deals with questions such as:
- Is faith intellectual nonsense?
- Are science and religion locked in a battle to the death?
- Can the roots of Christianity be explained away scientifically?
- Is Christianity simply a force for evil?
This book will be warmly received by those looking for a reliable assessment of The God Delusion and the many questions it raises - including, above all, the relevance of faith and the quest for meaning.
The Dawkins Delusion by Alister McGrath; Joanna Collicutt McGrath was published by SPCK in February 2007 and is our 4877th best seller. The ISBN for The Dawkins Delusion is 9780281059270.
Reviews of The Dawkins Delusion
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
The Dawkins Delusion?Mary Austin, via The Good Book Stall
McGrath, himself a scientist offers a rounded response using his own expertise as a molecular biophysicist before becoming a Christian theologian. He roundly exposes Dawkins thin arguments and condemns him for the weight of scientific proof he appears to offer to his own unproven theories.
– Dawkins did not convince me that God is a delusion! But I appreciated the help of McGrath and Wilson’s Deluded By Dawkins in my own assessment of the weakness of his argument. Dawkins comes across as one feeling part of a marginalised community and has let his feelings and even his hatred of religion overrule his scientific brain. Both McGrath and Wilson are well worth reading by Christians who want to be able to have a conversation with their non believing friends about The God Delusion yet have not had time or energy to read the book in full.
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about The Dawkins Delusion.
1. Deluded About God?
2. Has Science Disproved God?
3. What Are the Origins of Religion?
4. Is Religion Evil?
For Further Reading
About the Authors
Details for The Dawkins Delusion
|Author / Artist||Alister McGrath; Joanna Collicutt McGrath|
|Publisher||SPCK (February 2007)|
|Number of Pages||96|
|Page last updated||17th August 2017|