Come, Lord Jesus! Paperback
A Biblical Theology of the Second Coming of Christ
by Stephen Motyer;
A Bird's Eye View
"A fresh, comprehensive new study of a central Christian belief".
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £19.14 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Come, Lord Jesus!
Full Product Description
At the heart of this bold opening statement by Stephen Motyer is the conviction that Jesus Christ is the 'centre' of the Scriptures, even though he only appears at the end. For the New Testament writers, Jesus Christ revolutionised their understanding of the Scriptures and gave them a new centre around which to interpret the work of God in the world - and the climax of that work is the 'second coming' of that same Jesus Christ.
Jesus himself used the language of the Scriptures to promise his 'coming again', the 'coming of the Son of Man'. Hence we need the whole of Scripture to understand what the second coming means for us today. The fact that the Bible ends with the prayer 'Come, Lord Jesus!' (Revelation 22:20) is deeply appropriate. The second coming is the 'end' of the biblical message, its 'omega point', its grand finale, the denouement when all the players in the drama of earth history, both human and angelic, are gathered in the drawing room to hear the Master unpack the plot and give the verdict.
Motyer's comprehensive, stimulating study is divided into two parts. Part One, 'The biblical frame', examines three Old Testament passages and lays the foundation for Part Two, 'New Testament hopes and visions', which explores a series of key texts. He focuses on the second coming, rather than on millennialism or the 'end times', in order to provide the fundamental biblical theology that must underlie our whole sense of God's future for his world.
Come, Lord Jesus! by Stephen Motyer was published by Apollos in April 2016 and is our 6006th best seller. The ISBN for Come, Lord Jesus! is 9781783594146.
Reviews of Come, Lord Jesus!
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Come, Lord Jesus!.
PART 1: THE BIBLICAL FRAME
1. History and time (Psalms 89-90)
2. Presence in power (Psalm 18)
3. The coming of 'one like a son of man' (Daniel 7)
En route to the New ...
PART 2: NEW TESTAMENT HOPES AND VISIONS
4. The coming of the Son of Man (Mark 13:1-37)
5. 'Will he find faith on the earth?' (Luke 17:20 - 18:8)
6. At home with the Lord (John 14:1-31)
7. Refreshments to follow (Acts 1:6-11; 3:11-26)
8. The deliverer from Zion (Romans 11:25-36)
9. 'He must reign until ...' (1 Corinthians 15:20-28)
10. The coming of the Lord - Part 1 (1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 5:11)
11. The coming of the Lord - Part 2 (2 Thessalonians 2:1-12)
12. The High Priest reappears (Hebrews 9:15-28)
13. Be prepared! (2 Peter 3:1-18)
14. 'See, I am coming soon!' (Revelation 19:11-16)
Details for Come, Lord Jesus!
|Page last updated||16th March 2016|
|Author / Artist||Stephen Motyer|
|Publisher||Apollos (April 2016)|
|Number of Pages||320|