Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas?
A What's In The Bible DVD
by Phil Visher
Availability: In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatch
Order within 21 hours for delivery on Friday 21 June when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Offer price: £7.49Free Delivery
Asking and answering all the right questions, Buck Denver and friends are back with this festive children's DVD. An easy and fun way to explain the Christmas story to children from 4+ be it in school, Sunday School or kids group.
Why buy from Eden.co.uk?
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £5
Churches & Schools Click here to Buy Now and Pay Later
Call us on 0800 612 2186
Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:30pm
Security Guaranteed with 256-Bit SSL Security from Verisign
Over 400,000 customers served
Save £3.52 when you buy this item and What's In The Bible 6 DVD together!
Everyone knows the Christmas Story – Mary & Joseph, Bethlehem, the birth of Baby Jesus – but do you know the story behind Christmas?
Buck Denver Asks ... Why Do We Call It Christmas? explains absolutely everything! The What’s In The Bible cast get stuck into answering, researching and singing away all our Christmassy questions in this 60 minute fun-filled DVD with tons of bonus features aimed at children aged 4-10.
In the DVD, Buck Denver and his puppet friends explain:
• Why is it called “Christmas?”
• Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
• What year was Jesus really born?
• What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
• What about Santa Claus? Where did he come from?
• Which came first – Christmas or Hanukah? And which one did Jesus celebrate?
• What are the “12 Days of Christmas?”
• How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Christmas?
Buck Denver Asks ... Why Do We Call It Christmas? is the perfect DVD for assembly video clips in primary schools, after church entertainment and Christmas holiday viewing for the whole family. Believe us when we say adults will learn just as much as children by watching this educational, informational Christmas Bonanza.
Running Time: Approx. 60 mins
This DVD is Region 2 and will play on a UK DVD player.
• Includes a clear, child-friendly gospel message when answering the question - How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Christmas?
• Great for all sorts of situations: rainy days, after church entertainment, school assemblies, family services, children’s Christmas parties, emergency Sunday school clips & if the neighbours children come round for dinner
• Brings families together with laugh-out-loud comedy and solid teaching (much like the ‘Horrible Histories’ TV Show does)
• It made us laugh ... a lot
• Also includes hilarious bonus features: ‘A Christmas Poem by Buck Denver’, ‘Outakes’ & ‘5 Christmas Sing-A-Long Songs’
Q: What age group is this DVD aimed at?
A: The Buck Denver Asks...Why Do We Call It Christmas? DVD is aimed at children aged 4-8 but the we know it also appeals to children in their early teens - and will make parents laugh too!
In Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas? you’re invited to the Party of the year…an educational, informational, Christmical kind-of party!
Join VeggieTales and What’s in the Bible? creator Phil Vischer and his friends from the popular What’s in the Bible? series Buck Denver, Captain Pete, Sunday School Lady, Clive and Ian for the most unusual Christmas party ever!
We know Christmas is one of everyone’s favourite holidays. But have you ever wondered why we celebrate the birth of Jesus by chopping down trees and putting them in our houses? Or why we hang stockings by the fire? Or how Santa Claus became such a big part of Jesus’ birthday party? And why do we even call it “Christmas,” anyway?
You’ve probably heard the Christmas story - but have you ever heard the story of Christmas?
- Why is it called “Christmas?”
- Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
- What year was Jesus really born?
- What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
- What about Santa Claus? Where did he come from?
- Which came first – Christmas or Hanukah? And which one did Jesus celebrate?
- What are the “12 Days of Christmas?”
- How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Christmas?
“Why is Christmas called Christmas? What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus? And who is Father Christmas?”
“Buck Denver and his puppet friends are confused about Christmas. So they’ve decided to throw a Christmical party to answer all those head-scratching questions, and they want you and your children to join in with the educational fun.”
“Suitable for 5 to 11 year olds, the DVD contains a 60 minutes episode, will work in your UK DVD player and includes 5 sing-a-long songs from the show, funny outtakes and a Christmas poem written and performed by Buck Denver. For a flavour of What’s In The Bible?’s brilliance both kids and adults love, watch the comical trailer above.”
|Page last updated||3rd April 2013|
|Author / Artist||Phil Visher|
|Book Format||DVD Region 0|
|Publisher||Kingsway (September 2011)|
|Recommended for Ages||from 4 years up to 10 years|