Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas? DVD
A What's In The Bible DVD
by Phil Visher;
Rated 4 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 25 July?
Order within 33 hours and 52 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 25 July when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View
Asking and answering all the right questions, Buck Denver and friends are back with this festive children's DVD. An easy and fun way to explain the Christmas story to children 4+, be it in school, Sunday School or kids group.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £11.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas?
Full Product Description
Everyone knows the Christmas Story – Mary & Joseph, Bethlehem, the birth of Baby Jesus – but do you know the story behind Christmas?
Buck Denver Asks ... Why Do We Call It Christmas? explains absolutely everything! The What’s In The Bible cast get stuck into answering, researching and singing away all our Christmassy questions in this 60 minute fun-filled DVD with tons of bonus features.
Created for children aged 4-10, younger children will enjoy the lively 'muppet show' and 'sesame street' style puppets and animations, while older children well into their early teens will engage with the clever and witty songs - a fabulous way to remember key Bible stories, characters and teachings.
In the DVD, Buck Denver and his puppet friends explain:
• Why is it called “Christmas?”
• Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
• What year was Jesus really born?
• What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
• What about Santa Claus? Where did he come from?
• Which came first – Christmas or Hanukah? And which one did Jesus celebrate?
• What are the “12 Days of Christmas?”
• How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Christmas?
Buck Denver Asks ... Why Do We Call It Christmas? is the perfect DVD for assembly video clips in primary schools, after church entertainment and Christmas holiday viewing for the whole family. Believe us when we say adults will learn just as much as children by watching this educational, informational Christmas Bonanza.
Running Time: Approx. 60 mins
This DVD is Region 2 and will play on a UK DVD player.
• Includes a clear, child-friendly gospel message when answering the question - How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Christmas?
• Great for all sorts of situations: rainy days, after church entertainment, school assemblies, family services, children’s Christmas parties, emergency Sunday school clips & if the neighbours children come round for dinner
• Brings families together with laugh-out-loud comedy and solid teaching (much like the ‘Horrible Histories’ TV Show does)
• It made us laugh ... a lot
• Also includes hilarious bonus features: ‘A Christmas Poem by Buck Denver’, ‘Outakes’ & ‘5 Christmas Sing-A-Long Songs’
Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas? by Phil Visher was published by Friends and Heroes in September 2011 and is our 7782nd best seller. The ISBN for Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas? is 853026002370.
Reviews of Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas?
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas?.
What is the running time please?
Buck Denver Asks...Why Do We Call It Christmas? has a running time of 60 mins.
What age group is this DVD aimed at?
The Buck Denver Asks...Why Do We Call It Christmas? DVD is aimed at children aged 4-8 but the we know it also appeals to children in their early teens - and will make parents laugh too!
If you like this you may also like...
In Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas? youre invited to the Party of the year an educational, informational, Christmical kind-of party!
Join VeggieTales and Whats in the Bible? creator Phil Vischer and his friends from the popular Whats in the Bible? series Buck Denver, Captain Pete, Sunday School Lady, Clive and Ian for the most unusual Christmas party ever!
We know Christmas is one of everyones favourite holidays. But have you ever wondered why we celebrate the birth of Jesus by chopping down trees and putting them in our houses? Or why we hang stockings by the fire? Or how Santa Claus became such a big part of Jesus birthday party? And why do we even call it Christmas, anyway?
Youve probably heard the Christmas story - but have you ever heard the story of Christmas?
Come explore .
- Why is it called Christmas?
- Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
- What year was Jesus really born?
- What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
- What about Santa Claus? Where did he come from?
- Which came first Christmas or Hanukah? And which one did Jesus celebrate?
- What are the 12 Days of Christmas?
- How does the name Emmanuel explain the real meaning of Christmas?
In Brief: Eden Video Transcript
“Why is Christmas called Christmas? What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus? And who is Father Christmas?”
“Buck Denver and his puppet friends are confused about Christmas. So they’ve decided to throw a Christmical party to answer all those head-scratching questions, and they want you and your children to join in with the educational fun.”
“Suitable for 5 to 11 year olds, the DVD contains a 60 minutes episode, will work in your UK DVD player and includes 5 sing-a-long songs from the show, funny outtakes and a Christmas poem written and performed by Buck Denver. For a flavour of What’s In The Bible?’s brilliance both kids and adults love, watch the comical trailer above.”
Other products in the What's In The Bible Series
See other items in the What's In The Bible Series
Details for Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas?
|Page last updated||21st October 2015|
|Running Time||60 mins|
|Region||Region 2 (UK/Europe)|
|Author / Artist||Phil Visher|
|Format||DVD Region 0|
|Publisher||Friends and Heroes (September 2011)|
|Recommended for Ages||from 4 years up to 10 years|