Without doubt Phil Vischer's 13 part DVD series is the best way yet to get your children into reading the whole Bible. In a whole series of short, TV length episodes the series grabs children's attention and keeps it - from the opening title song to the end credits.
Using words, music and media that children love ‘What’s in the Bible?’ takes on the whole Bible and not just the easy story-book bits.
With all the energy and innovation of his famous VeggieTales characters, Phil Visher’s puppets, snappy songs and brilliant animation keep children rapt in Bible based stories and themes from start to finish.
The Tricky Books of Kings and Chronicles
In 'What's in the Bible?' 6 the cast of puppets and cartoon characters lead children through stories of good and bad kings withfast-paced animation and catchy tunes.
Originally designed for children aged 5-7 the series is proving a runaway hit with older children and even adults, who love the clever word play, and ironic lyrics of most improbable rhymes of the original songs.
In the sixth of Phil Vischer's thirteen part whole Bible exploration, you get the whole tale of Israel and Judah’s rise to greatness and fall to destruction in easy words with wise and wittyoriginal songs.
Even for grown-ups, 'A Nation Divided' is an engaging introduction to the modern day relevance of the underlying message in this key slice of Bible history.
A Nation Divided: what’s on the DVD?
‘What’s in the Bible? 6’ works as family home entertainment and as a school or Sunday school group teaching resource.
As a moment of lightness - and surprising depth, excerpts from the 2 fast paced 25 minute episodes make welcome features in school assemblies, all-age sevices annd even adult study groups.
'A Nation Divided' gives you episodes painting the big picture of the Kings and Chronicles story:
- Episode 1 tells the story of Israel’s split and Elijah’s showdown with the prophets of Baal.
- Episode 2 tells the dramatic story of unfaithfulness that spells the end of Israel and Judah.
The two highly entertaining 25 minute episodes, the on-screen teaching is supported by creative ideas for extra activities.
So it's fun, but what does it mean today?
The regular and recognisable 'What's in the Bible?' cast of puppets and cartoon characters lead children to understand that God keeps his promises to even in our darkest hours. Israel and Judah might be unfaithful to God, but God stays faithful to them.
Children are left in no doubt that the story is far from over. In words and images that make sense to young minds, ‘What’s in the Bible?’ 6 sets the scene for the big happening in God’s redemptive story.
Quick Guide to What's in the Bible? 6 - A Nation Divided
What is it?
- Part 6 of the DVD series exploring the whole Bible with children aged 7 and above.
- Child friendly exploration of Kings and Chronicles with puppets and animation.
- Fast paced songs, stories and activities for home, school, Sunday school and church.
What will it do for me?
- Engage your children aged 7 and above with the books of Kings and Chronicles.
- Give your children and young people an interest in exploring the Bible for themselves.
- Make an entertaining and engaging gift to introduce children and families to the Bible.
February 17th, 2012 - Posted & Written by Les Ellison