What's In The Bible 8 DVD
Words to Make Us Wise: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiates, and Song of Solomon
by Phil Vischer;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Thursday 19 October?
Order within 23 hours and 39 minutes for delivery on Thursday 19 October when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Offer price: £9.99 Free Delivery when you spend £10
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
Buck Denver's Bible adventure has reached the halfway point in the eighth volume - Words to Make Us Wise (Psalms, Proverbs & Wisdom Literature). Join the puppet explorers on their educational and hilarious journey through the Bible.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £9.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
What's In The Bible 8 DVD
Full Product Description
'What's In The Bible' is back. Join Buck Denver, Sunday School Lady, and Chuck Waggin in the most exciting DVD yet.
The co-creator of Veggie Tales, Phil Visher, continues his life's mission to teach the kids of the world the entire bible, from Genesis to Revelation. In the 8th installment, join Buck Denver and his trusty gang of puppets and cartoons as they guide you through the books of Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon.
Volume 8 covers the themes:
• Trust (Story of Job)
• God's love
• Wisdom (Book of Proverbs)
'What's In The Bible' has gifted our nation with quality Children's entertainment, helping families to fill their week nights with something better then Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel. This wonderful series has also been used across the country on Sunday mornings, in services and Sunday school, to teach both adults and children those important words that will make them wise.
Running Time: Approximately 56 minutes
Containing two 25-minute episodes
This DVD is Region 0 and will play on a UK DVD player.
What's In The Bible 8 DVD by Phil Vischer was published by Jelly Fish Labs in June 2012 and is our 3715th best seller. The ISBN for What's In The Bible 8 DVD is 853026002912.
Reviews of What's In The Bible 8 DVD
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about What's In The Bible 8 DVD.
- Words to Make Us Wise [Psalms, Proverbs & The Writings] includes two 25-minute episodes:
- Poems in the Bible?: Learn about the Bible's poetry, the amazing story of Job, and Psalms - the Bible's song book!
- Wisdom from Above: Solomon shares his wisdom in the book of Proverbs, then Sunday School Lady finds the meaning in Ecclesiastes and explains how the Song of Solomon - a book of love songs - ended up in the Bible!
Volume 8 covers the themes:
• Trust (Story of Job)
• God's love
• Wisdom (Book of Proverbs)
Video Trailer: DVD 8 Trailer
Phil Vischer: “I think I will never see, a poem lovely as a tree”
Buck Denver: Oh. I’ve got one too. Tell me, tell me, tell me please. Why are we talking about poetry when we’re suppose to be talking about what’s in the Bible?
Phil Vischer: Because poetry is on the Bible.
Captain Pete: Poems, the Bible’s got poems. And if you em’, you’ll be able to show them to others, your sister or your brother.
Clive: What’s the difference between smart and wise?
Chuck Waggin: Is God a bird?
Clive: Why won’t I want God to be my shepherd?
Phil Vischer: Sunday School Lady, whats the first book of the Writings?
Sunday School Lady: The first book of the Writings is the book of Job. A bunch of bandits come and take all the oxen and donkeys. Then fire comes from the sky and burns up all the sheep. The book of Psalms is the longest book of the Bible with 150 chapters.
Chuck Waggin: Sounds like Ecclesiastes is a bit of a downer.
Sunday School Lady: Song of Solomon is ... well ... Its love songs between a man and a women.
Clive: I didn’t know there was mushy in the Bible!
Clive and Ian: Job and Psalms and Proverbs. Ecclesiastes, and Songs of Solomon. Hairy sheep teeth, the end.
Buck Denver: Don’t miss DVD 8, coming soon.
Video Transcript: The Proverbs Song
Well a proverb is a saying that can help us live our lives,
By telling what to is foolish and what’s considered wise,
When life has you befuddled, just open up your eyes,
Cause Proverbs is the book you ought to read.
Now they may not be promises, but mam these words are true,
These principles will help you know just what to say and do,
King Solomon, yeh, he’s the one who wrote it down for you.
If what you want is wisdom in every word and deed,
Then Proverbs is the book you want to read.
Yeh, Proverbs is the book you want to read - Oh Yeh!
“Phil Vischer does it again!” – Max Lucado, pastor and best-selling author.
“A remarkable combination of entertainment and biblical substance!” – Randy Alcorn, best-selling author.
“I have never been more excited about a children’s DVD series!” – Francis Chan, pastor and best-selling author.
What Real People Have Said About The Series
“When working with children, you know that presentation matters. I was very impressed with the creativity and professionalism of these videos. At fist I wondered if puppets would have the same appeal as digital animation, but “What’s in the Bible?” proves that puppets are still a relevant genre of kids’ entertainment.”
“I love the characters, the humour, and the creative variety. I fully recommend this series to anyone who wants to laugh while they learn, right along with their kids. We will keep buying these DVDs until the whole Bible has been covered.”
“I have been giving these videos to my church's Children's Library. As they receive a new video, I get great reviews and many thanks. Phil has a talent for making wholesome products fun.”
“We love the entire series, and Phil Vischer and the creators never fail to impress! As I watch with my kids, we are all entertained, and I even learn new things… Phil is on my list of people that I would like to invite to dinner!”
“What's in the Bible' is an excellent resource to teach children and adults Biblical basics. I Highly recommend this series.”
“I have been using the entire series for my Sunday School class and am now using this for our Adult Bible study class. Great information, makes it easy for children and adults to understand. Highly recommend this DVD!!!”
“This is a great product for teaching children about the Bible in a fun way. I especially appreciate how the series deals with the "tricky bits". I would also add that though this series is aimed at kids, most teens and adults will still be learning with it. My husband just watched one with us and said, ‘That was really good!’”
DVD 1: In the Beginning (Genesis)
The first DVD introduces kids to the Bible and the book of beginnings, Genesis. Children will learn about the key people in Genesis and the important lessons their stories teach us.
• Part 1: “What Is The Bible? How is it put together?” Kids learn alongside Buck Denver, Sunday School Lady, Brother Louie and the crew that the Bible tells the story of God and what he's done for us.
• Part 2: “Who Wrote The Bible?” Next, Buck and friends learn how God inspired people to write the Bible. They also learn how the first part of Genesis sets the stage for the rest of the Bible - and all of history!
DVD 2: Let My People Go (Exodus)
The second DVD introduces kids to the book of Exodus: the oppression of the Israelites and the birth and rise of God’s chosen leader, Moses.
• Part 1: “Who chose the books in the Bible?” Buck Denver and friends learn how the Old Testament and New Testament books were chosen to be in the Bible. They also dive into the second part of Genesis to learn how God used a family to launch His big rescue plan!
• Part 2: “What is salvation?” Learn words like “salvation” and “redemption” as the puppets discover God’s big rescue plan – how He saved the Israelites from Egypt and how He wants to save us from sin.
DVD 3: Wanderin’ in the Desert (Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy)
What's In The Bible Volume 3 is designed to help children gain a greater understanding of how these 3 fantastic books and how they follow on from Genesis and Exodus to make up the Pentateuch and they set the stage for the trials and victories faced by God's people.
• Part 1: “Don’t lie, don’t cheat … don’t trim your beard?” The Old Testament is full of rules, and some of them are kind of, well, weird. Learn why God gave all these rules to Israel and which ones still apply to us today!
• Part 2: “What is a Pentateuch?” Learn about Israel’s 40-year “time-out” as we finish the first five books of the Bible! Plus, discover why we can believe what the Bible says – even though we weren’t there to see it happen!
DVD 4: Battle for the Promised Land! (Joshua, Judges, Ruth)
In What's in the Bible Vol 4 Buck Denver and friends take children through Joshua Judges and Ruth and explore 2 more of the Big Questions about faith.
• Part 1: Pirate Pete takes flight in a hot-air balloon to help Sunday School Lady explain the book of Joshua in Part 1.
• Part 2: The Fabulous Bentley Brothers sing about the Book of Judges and Chester Whigget tells the story of Ruth.
DVD 5: Israel Gets A King! (1 and 2 Samuel)
The two episodes look at three Old Testament Kings, Saul, David and Solomon. Volume 5 also explores the Trinity in its Tricky Bits feature.
• Part One: “The People Want a King!” Buck and his friends look at 1 Samuel and the life of Saul as Israel’s first king.
• Part Two: “Kings Make Mistakes Too!” The puppets move on through 2 Samuel and the first chapter of 1 Kings, including the reigns of King David and his son, King Solomon.
DVD 6: A Nation Divided (Kings and Chronicles)
In 'What's in the Bible?' 6 the cast of puppets and cartoon characters lead children through stories of good and bad kings with fast-paced animation and catchy tunes. A Nation Divided' gives you episodes painting the big picture of the Kings and Chronicles story.
• Part One: "The Big Split" Israel is split in two, and the prophet Elijah faces off with 450 prophets of Baal to prove that Israel's God is the true God!
• Part Two: "The End of Israel" A bunch of unfaithful kings lead to the end of Israel and Judah, but Isaiah has an amazing message in Israel's darkest hour.
DVD 7: Exile and Return (Ezra, Nehemiah & Esther)
• Part One: "Ezra & Nehemiah" The exile is over, but the Israelites face BIG challenges back home in Judah! The Israelites return home to Judah to rebuild God's temple - a task full of unexpected challenges.
• Part Two: "Brave Queen Esther" A brave young Jewish girl risks everything to save her people from doom at the hands of the evil Haman.
DVD 8: Words to Make Us Wise (Psalms, Proverbs & The Writings)
Here comes the Wisdom Writings, Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Ecclesiastes and Songs of Solomon, in What’s In The Bible 8. This DVD tackles the book everyone usually ignore in Sunday School and deals with big questions like – what’s the difference between being smart and wise?
• Part One: "Poems in the Bible?" Learn about the Bible’s poetry, the amazing story of Job, and Psalms – the Bible’s song book!
• Part Two: "Wisdom from Above" Solomon shares his wisdom in the book of Proverbs, then Sunday School Lady finds the meaning in Ecclesiastes and explains how the Song of Solomon – a book of love songs – ended up in the Bible!
DVD 9: God Speaks! (Isaiah, Jeremiah & the Prophets)
Buck Denver and his trusty gang of puppets and cartoons will guide you and your family through the 17 major and minor prophets, including Jonah and the Whale, Daniel in the Lion’s Den and the hope-filled prophets of Isaiah.
• Part One: "Prophets, Prophets Everywhere!" What's a prophet? And where do these 17 books fit in the history of Israel?
• Part Two: "Messages of the Prophets" Meet the prophets that wrote these books and see what they tell us about God's big rescue plan!
Christmas DVD: Buck Denver Asks... Why Do We Call It Christmas?
Buck Denver and his friend ask loads of questions about the real meaning of questions, and also have tons of fun too. Here are some of the interesting questions they ask:
• Why is it called “Christmas?”
• Why do we celebrate on Dec. 25th?
• What year was Jesus really born?
• What do Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?
• What about Santa Claus? Where did he come from?
• Which came first – Christmas or Hanukah? And which one did Jesus celebrate?
• What are the “12 Days of Christmas?”
• How does the name “Emmanuel” explain the real meaning of Christmas?
Eden Article: What's In The Phil Visher Story?
For fans of ‘What’s in the Bible’, Phil Vischer is the voice of Buck Denver, Captain Pete and - believe or not, Helen Rosenfiddle and Sunday School Lady. Phil’s amazing imagination and creativity is born from a lifelong commitment to communicating the message of the Bible in ways that open it up to children and families at home, in churches and at school.
Born in the US state of Iowa on 16 June 1966, Phil grew-up in Chicago, and went to St. Paul Bible College where he got into puppet ministry. There he met a man with a keen interest in film making, called Mike Nawrocki. This sparked the big idea in Phil that by combining puppet ministry with film, a whole new audience could be reached with the gospel message.
In 1989, Phil’s big idea began to take shape with GRAFx Studios a company specialising in animation software for commercials and logos. His first venture in animated movies that would be mainstay of his work for the next 30 years was titled Mr. Cuke's Screen Test, and featured the first appearance of the future 'VeggieTales' star, Larry the Cucumber. In 1993 Phil’s partnership with his Bible college pal, Mike Nawrocki, began and his big idea became Big Idea Productions.
Vischer headed up Big Idea productions writing and directing the highly successful VeggieTales series of VHS videos and later DVD productions. While the vegetable and produce based gospel retellings were wildly successful among Christian family audiences, Phil’s big idea was to reach out to the wider market of children’s screen based entertainment. To this end he signed a deal with distribution company Lyrick Studios (who also distributed other children’s media including the popular Barney the Dinosaur) and began work on an ambitious film project, a Veggie version of Jonah and the Whale.
Two events conspired to bring down the Big Idea and threaten the end of Phil’s ambitions to make quality children’s entertainment of with a high Christian content and appeal. The cost of making Jonah and the Whale soared way over the budget of less than $10million, to a staggering $20million with no sign of completion. As the banks prepared to call in the debt, Lyrick was bought by HIT entertainment, a company who, as Vischer saw it, were looking to control children’s entertainment worldwide. Keen to keep the Big Idea independent of big media players, Phil ended the distribution contract with Lyrick.
However, new owners HIT saw this as unreasonable and sued Phil for costs, damages and the full value of what the complete the Big Idea contract might have been worth. HIT argued that, although the contract related to VHS cassettes only, because they had been involved in market testing with 2 DVDs, the entire future marketing of VeggieTales DVD products also belonged to them. Unbelievably, a jury found against Phil and he was forced to sell the whole of Big Idea to Classic Media. Even though a later appeal found in favour of Phil, the damage was done. There was no going back.
Taking the time to reassess where he was going, Vischer remained sure he was doing what God wanted of him. In 2005 he started a new animation venture, ‘Jellyfish Labs’, to follow up new creative and faith-based projects including the 2007 launch of a child friendly, on-line, Christian TV network, ‘Jelly Telly’. In November, 2008, Vischer expanded the company and developed a partnership with the Christian charity ‘Focus on the Family’. Branching out from screen based media, Phil’s paper based work includes the books: ‘Sidney & Norman: A Tale of Two Pigs’, ‘Where's God When I'm S-Scared’? and his latest, ‘47 Beavers On the Big Blue Sea’.
Best known today for ‘What’s in the Bible?’ Phil’s latest children’s DVD Bible experience picks up where ‘Veggie tales’ left off. Puppets, songs and animation engage children with stories and activities that bring to life Bible stories and what it means to live as a Christian. Hosted by a cast of puppet, animated and computer graphic characters each ‘What’s in the Bible’ DVD consists of two 25 minute shows and supporting activities and bonus material. Each show opens with anchor man Buck Denver asking, ‘What’s in the Bible?’
Created for home, school and church, each of the 13-series DVDs is a highly entertaining and beautifully produced teaching resource that gives child friendly answers to questions even grown ups want to ask. Each DVD is supported with notes for parents and teachers and further downloadable activities for children to enjoy. Today, Phil Vischer maintains contact with his long lost child, VeggieTales, as a scriptwriter and voice actor. He’s also returned to Big Idea as president under a contract with Classic Media. He currently lives in Wheaton, Illinois with his wife Lisa, and their two daughters and son. – Les Ellison
Eden Article: What's In The Bible - 17 Books Down, 44 To Go
Buck Denver is back! 17 books down, 44 to go. How will Buck cope with the tricky Wisdom books – Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and that other one we skip past in Sunday School. Will he sink? Will he swim? Or, seeing as he's a puppet, will he float?
This volume runs through the Wisdom books: Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon.
Key lessons include:
• To trust in God’s wisdom even when life gets hard – Story of Job
• The Bible has a song book – we can use it to pray, sing and praise God – Psalms
• Find advice to help you make good choices in life – Proverbs
• How do you find happiness in an uncertain world? – Ecclesiastes
• Romantic love is a powerful emotion, and it’s in the Bible! It can also help us understand God’s love – Songs of Solomon
"HOW DO THEY TEACH SONGS OF SOLOMON?" Good question. In true ‘What’s In The Bible’ style, they attach some wonderfully thought-out metaphors to the difficult book, for example – when your Dad comes home from work he gives your Mum a kiss. Songs of Solomon is a book of love poems, so Clive amusingly calls the book ‘mushy’ – “I didn’t know there was mushy in the Bible?”
All of a sudden, with the help some songs and fun cartoons, Songs of Solomon has been explained in relation to God’s big rescue plan. They represent God’s love for. Now the book is relevant for us as they help us to understand His love and desire to save us. Phil Vischer (creator of ‘What’s In The Bible’) is on a mission: to make everyday a Sunday. Bible’s shouldn’t be closed and left on the shelf to collect dust for the rest of the week. Phil wants kids to learn about God everyday of the week.
‘What’s In The Bible’ is his gift to families. With this exciting series that’s full of funny songs, cartoons and silly puppets, kids and parents can enjoy learning about the Bible throughout the week. Parents everywhere have been amazed at how theologically rich the teaching is, admitting that those puppets have been teaching them too.
So what’s next? If you own a Bible (and have at least read the contents page) you’ll know that the story doesn’t end with Song of Solomon. So far they’ve explained 22 books of the Bible, just another 44 to go. Buck Denver and his friends still have all the minor prophet plus the Gospels, Pauls Letters, Peters Letters and finally Revelations. With only 5 more volumes in the series left, Phil’s mission isn’t over yet.
In Brief: Eden Video Transcript
What’s In The Bible 8 brings you the Bible books of Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon in lively story and catchy songs. With puppets, animation and live action music and action, VeggieTales creator Phil Vischer and his hilarious new friends explain the Bible to children (and grown ups) in this groundbreaking, fast-paced and fun-filled DVD episodes.
Other products in the What's In The Bible Series
See other items in the What's In The Bible Series
Proverbs Song (from What's in the Bible?)
Details for What's In The Bible 8 DVD
|Running Time||56 mins|
|Region||Region 0 (Region Free)|
|Author / Artist||Phil Vischer|
|Format||DVD Region 0|
|Publisher||Jelly Fish Labs (June 2012)|
|Recommended for Ages||from 4 years up to 10 years|
|Page last updated||3rd October 2016|