Ten Girls Who Changed the World Paperback
by Irene Howat;
Rated 5 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Wednesday 31 May?
Order within 15 hours and 45 minutes for delivery on Wednesday 31 May when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Offer price: £3.99 Free Delivery when you spend £10
A Bird's Eye View
A collection of inspiring biographies about girls who became Christians, history makers and world changers. With the stories of missionaries, social reformers and activists this book cements faith and teaches young readers anything is possible with God.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £3.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Ten Girls Who Changed the World
Full Product Description
Irene Howat re-tells their amazing stories in short, exciting chapters that will keep your young girls turning the pages and inspiring the world changer inside them. The book dives into the lives of these unlikely lasses:
- Mary Slessor, a slum-dog with an alcoholic dad - changed into the first white women to venture into deep Africa
- Corrie Ten Boom, a poor watch shop kid - changed into a women who stood against Nazis Germany and hid Jews.
- Joni Eareckson, paralyzed by a driving accident - changed into an activist for the disabled community.
- Isobel Kuhn, a questioning young girl - changed into a tireless missionary to the people of Burma.
And six more inspiring true stories including Gladys Aylward, Granny Brand, and Jackie Pullinger.
This awe-inspiring book is a must-have for all young girls, teaching faith through the most powerful means of story-telling - the true childhood stories of young girls who become earth shaking Women of God.
Irene Howat is an awarding-winning author writing for children and adults. Married to a retired minister with a grown-up family, she now lives in Ayrshire, Scotland. Enjoying writing and painting, she waits in anticipation for her fans letters.
Ten Girls Who Changed the World by Irene Howat was published by Christian Focus Publications in September 2002 and is our 78th best seller. The ISBN for Ten Girls Who Changed the World is 9781857926491.
Reviews of Ten Girls Who Changed the World
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Ten Girls Who Changed the World.
I am wondering what agegroup is thsi book aimed for?
This product is also listed in the following departments:
- Christian Authors department under Best of British Authors
- Bestsellers department
- Christmas Store department under Christmas Gift Finder
- Christian Authors department under Irene Howat
- Christian Brands department under Lightkeepers
- Prize Giving and Presentations department
- Summer Reads department
- Ultimate Guide To... department
If you like this you may also like...
Other products in the Lightkeepers Series
See other items in the Lightkeepers Series
Details for Ten Girls Who Changed the World
|Page last updated||21st October 2015|
|Author / Artist||Irene Howat|
|Publisher||Christian Focus Publications (September 2002)|
|Recommended for Ages||from 7 years up to 12 years|
|Number of Pages||160|