Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set DVD
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Thursday 27 July?
Order within 17 hours and 52 minutes for delivery on Thursday 27 July when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £70.78 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set
Full Product Description
- William Tyndale - This episode follows William Tyndale's adventures as he works in secret, moving from town to town as a fugitive to avoid capture. Friends and allies help him along, but enemies may be lurking around any corner.
- Perpetua - It is the year AD 203 in Carthage, North Africa. Perpetua, an affluent young mother, is charged with converting to Christianity and is sent to prison. But her freedom can be secured easily. All she has to do is offer one pinch of incense in honor to the Roman gods. With this simple act of devotion and loyalty to the Roman Empire she can regain her freedom and return to her infant son and a life of comfort. As her father pleads for Perpetua to consider the welfare of her child and the reputation of their family, she slowly makes her way to face the Roman proconsul and declare her final decision. What will it be?
- Jim Elliot - Jim Elliot spent his youth preparing to share the Gospel with those who'd never heard it. But nothing could have prepared him for the dangers and challenges he'd face in the jungles of Ecuador. The remote Auca tribe was suspicious and antagonistic toward even the most friendly of gestures from outsiders. Would Jim and his fellow missionaries ever be able to break down the hostile barriers and carry a torch of faith to this savage people determined to attack all outsiders?
- Amy Carmichael - As little Preena is snatched away from the most gentle woman she has seen in months, she wonders how she will ever again find a way out of the temple, where she is held against her will. How will she find the missionary known as Amy Carmichael, the one who wears a cross and serves a different sort of God? Meanwhile, Amy is also consumed by the awful truth she has learned about the plight of the "temple girls." Will Amy's faithful determination be enough to free Preena from the powerful customs and superstitions that keep her hostage?
- Gladys Aylward - With war raging about her and soldiers closing in, the wounded missionary Gladys Aylward sets out on the most difficult journey of her life -- a 100-mile trek over the mountains to a safe haven. But it's not her own safety that concerns this little woman with big faith. It's the safety and well being of the 100 orphaned children in her care. Watch as Gladys' strength and faith are stretched to the limit, all for the sake of the children.
- John Bunyan - John Bunyan spends his days in prison, separated from his wife and children. Living in the cold, stone cell is the price he pays for going against the established state religion. If only he would agree to stop preaching, John could walk out a free man! Why does he choose to stay in jail, and how will he serve his Lord in this wretched place?
- Richard Wurmbrand - In war-torn Romania, there is only one way for churches to get the protection of the government: give their support and allegiance to the communists who are in control. Instead, Pastor Richard Wurmbrand chooses to speak up for Christ, thereby placing his own life and the lives of his family in great danger. When Richard's choice lands him in a communist prison, his faith and witness are tested to the limits.
- Eric Liddell - Pressure to follow public opinion couldn't get much stronger. National hero Eric Liddell is Scotland's pride and joy. The entire country is eager for their running celebrity to sprint past the rest of the world and bring home Olympic gold in the 100-meter race. But when Eric makes the stunning announcement that he won't race on Sunday because of his religious convictions, he is soon labeled a disgrace and a traitor. See how Eric Liddell's famous stand during the 1924 Olympics prepares him for even greater challenges as a missionary to China during World War II.
- William Booth - Introduce children to the action-packed story behind "The Salvation Army" and its founder, William Booth. The pub owners and their hired thugs are ready for William and his ragtag followers when they come marching into London's East End. With clubs and rocks, the thugs are set to chase this preacher out of town once and for all. But William and his "Salvation Army" are not so easily dissuaded! Armed only with Bibles, musical instruments and their unflinching faith in God, they march in to face their most dangerous opponents so far. Who will win the spiritual battle for the hurting souls of this forgotten corner of London?
- Samuel Morris - Young Prince Kaboo knows his fate is sealed. Since his father can no longer meet his captors' ransom demands, Kaboo is to be tortured until death. But a bigger plan is about to unfold! A blinding light appears and the ropes that bind him fall away. Renewed strength floods his bruised body, and a heavenly voice urges him, "Run, Kaboo, Run!" The dramatic events that follow lead the boy prince to take the new name, "Samuel Morris." Nothing will stop Samuel from sharing his growing faith with all who will listen.
- Augustine - Young Augustine thinks his mother's religion is foolishness. He sneaks away from home and ventures to a new life in Rome. Soon Augustine finds himself in an important position as "The Voice of The Emperor." When the empire decides to take over the Christian basilica, Augustine prepares to give the speech of a lifetime, one that will slow the rising tide of Christianity's influence. With his devout mother and the unwavering Bishop Ambrose on one side and angry, armed soldiers on the other, Augustine must choose whom he will serve.
- Corrie ten Boom - As the evil of World War II sweeps through their city, Corrie and her family find themselves with an innocent Jewish baby, desperately needing protection from the cruelty of the new Nazi regime. How will the ten Booms keep this baby and many others out of harm's way, and what will be the cost of serving God amidst unthinkable evils?
Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set by Torchlighters was published by Vision Video in March 2015 and is our 3410th best seller. The ISBN for Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set is 727985016313.
Reviews of Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set.
1) Does this boxed set contain 12 individual DVDs or are the stories all on one DVD?
2) Is it the equivalent of buying the 12 separate 30-minute DVDs in the same Torchlighters Series but cheaper because it is a set?
If you like this you may also like...
Other products in the Torchlighters DVD Series
See other items in the Torchlighters DVD Series
Details for Torchlighters: The First 12 Episodes 12 DVD Box Set
|Page last updated||6th June 2017|
|Running Time||360 mins|
|Region||Region 0 (Region Free)|
|Author / Artist||Torchlighters|
|Publisher||Vision Video (March 2015)|