The Great Mystery Hardback
Science, God and the Human Quest for Meaning
by Alister McGrath;
Rated 5 stars by our customers!
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Wednesday 21 February?
Order within 9 hours and 37 minutes for delivery on Wednesday 21 February when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Offer price: £11.99 Free Delivery
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
In this followup to Inventing the Universe, Alister McGrath looks at why we all relentlessly search for a grand meaning to life.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £11.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Great Mystery
Full Product Description
- Interested in big questions facing humanity today?
- This Follow-up 'Inventing the Universe', offer up Christianity's response to meaning
- Made to give you answers to complex, contemporary issues
There is currently huge interest in the question of human nature and identity, and what the human future might look like.
Who are we? Why are we here? What is our future? Are we alone? And what can religion bring, alongside biology and anthropology, to these important and exciting questions?
The Great Mystery focuses on this fascinating field of study. Alister McGrath, bestselling author and Andreas Idreos Professor of Science and Religion at Oxford University, explores the question of human nature from both scientific and religious perspectives, and weaves together the results to open up and explore some of the deepest and most important questions about who we are, why we matter, and what our future might be.
A follow-up to his critically acclaimed Inventing the Universe, in The Great Mystery Alister McGrath once again brings together science with religion to yield an enriched vision of reality, along with rigorous and thoroughly up-to-date scholarship and intellectual accessibility.
The Great Mystery by Alister McGrath was published by Hodder & Stoughton General Division in May 2017 and is our 9636th best seller. The ISBN for The Great Mystery is 9781473634312.
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about The Great Mystery.
Part One: Wondering About Ourselves
1. Born to Wonder: Asking Questions; Hoping for Answers
2. Who are We? Wondering about Human Nature
3. Human Identity: Mapping the Landscape
Part Two: Wondering About Life: The Human Quest for Meaning
4. Pilgrims Seeking a 'Big Picture': The Balcony and the Road
5. Searching for Meaning: Why We Need More Than Just Facts
6. Meaning: Discovery or Invention?
7. When Meaning Fails: Doubt, Trauma and Disbelief
8. Wondering About Nature: The Imaginative Roots of Science
9. At Home in the Universe? Wondering about Our Place in the Cosmos
Part Three: Wondering about Our Future
10. What's Wrong with Us? Why We Need the Idea of Sin
11. Humanisms: Secular and Religious
12. The Myth of Progress: Reshaping Humanity
13. Endings: Some Brief Musings
Details for The Great Mystery
|Author / Artist||Alister McGrath|
|Publisher||Hodder & Stoughton General Division (May 2017)|
|Number of Pages||256|
|Page last updated||30th October 2017|