Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant Paperback
by Jill Morgan; Betty Y. Ashbaker;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £21.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant
Full Product Description
- what responsibilities can be delegated to the TA
- who's accountable for the work the TA does
- how to provide continuing professional development for the TA
- creating an effective team which will enhance the pupils' school experience.
This book is a must for anyone who shares their classroom with a TA.
1. Supervising the classroom team - who are you responsible for? - what is supervision? - government/legal guidelines
2. Delegating responsibilities - analysis of what can be delegated (within law, reason, preferences and purpose of school) - job descriptions for each TA based on their skills, training, experience, children's needs and legal contraints
3. Accountability - monitoring the quality of the TA's work - methods of observation and monitoring - setting priorities for improvement
4. Providing continuous professional development - treating your TA as an adult learner - making professional resources available - evidencing development (portfolios, etc) - NOS/HLTA standards
5. Reflective practice - being a reflective practitioner - helping your TA become a reflective practitioner
6. Communication - you and the TA - TA and TA TA and other teachers
7. Logistics - time (to prepare, plan, meet etc.) - evaluation - advocating for your TA Conclusion
Jill Morgan has worked with Teaching Assistants for the last 14 years both in the US and the UK. She currently teaches on the Foundation Degree in Learning Support at Swansea Institute of Higher Education, (SIHE), and is also an Independent Education and Training Consultant.
Betty Ashbaker has been developing and delivering training for Teaching Assistants and their supervising teachers for the last 14 years. Formerly an elementary school teacher, she is now a senior lecturer at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah (USA).
Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant by Jill Morgan; Betty Y. Ashbaker was published by Continuum in March 2009 and is our 63348th best seller. The ISBN for Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant is 9781847063847.
Reviews of Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant.
Details for Supporting and Supervising Your Teaching Assistant
|Page last updated||26th March 2017|
|Author / Artist||Jill Morgan; Betty Y. Ashbaker|
|Publisher||Continuum (March 2009)|
|Number of Pages||144|