An Evangelical Response to Five Uneasy Pieces on Homosexuality
by Michael Bird; Gordon Preece (Editors);
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours
A Bird's Eye View
Sexegesis, discusses the topic of homosexuality in response to the report 'Five Uneasy Pieces on Homosexuality'
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £11.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Full Product Description
‘Sexegesis’ (or sexual interpretation), discusses the biblically and pastorally dicey topic in the modern church – Homosexuality.
This important study brings together experienced biblical scholars and practicing pastors from Australia to answer the questions on the lips of concerned Christians. This book encourages everyday Christian to enter into genuine dialogue about this hot topic, from an evangelical perspective, so that we step out of the awkward silence and into healthy discussion and joint spiritual growth.
• Peter Adam – ex-lecturer at St John’s College in Durham, Vice-President of the Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students and ex-Anglican Minister
• Paul Barnett – New Testament scholar (specialising in ancient biblical history) & ex-Anglican Bishop of North Sydney
• Michael F. Bird – lecturer in Theology and New Testament at Crossway College in Brisbane, Australia
• Denise Cooper-Clarke – researcher, lecturer and tutor in Christian Ethics
• Gordon Preece – international leader in the field of workplace Theology and Ethics, ex-youthworker and part-time Vicar at Yarraville Anglican in Melbourne
• Sarah Harris
• Barry McGrath
• Katy Smith
• Lindsay Wilson
Sexegesis by Michael Bird; Gordon Preece (Editors) was published by Youthworks in November 2012. The ISBN for Sexegesis is 9781922000491.
Reviews of Sexegesis
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Sexegesis.
This product is also listed in the following departments:
- Homosexuality department
'Sexegesis', or sexual interpretation, shows that the traditional reading of Scripture, as against homosexual practice but for homosexual people, still makes best sense of the Bible text. This book skillfully balances biblical clarity with pastoral sensitivity, compelling all Christians to engage in genuine dialogue with it and with each other.
Contributors include:Peter AdamPaul BarnettMichael F. BirdDenise Cooper-ClarkeSarah HarrisBarry McGrathGordon PreeceKaty SmithLindsay Wilson
Details for Sexegesis
|Page last updated||8th March 2017|
|Author / Artist||Michael Bird; Gordon Preece (Editors)|
|Publisher||Youthworks (November 2012)|
|Number of Pages||152|