Combining the biblical content of a commentary with the life applications of a Bible study, bestselling authors Bruce Bickel and Stan Jantz distill important Bible truths in userfriendly portions and communicate them with amazing clarity. Pauls letter to the church in Rome is his clearest explanation and application of the Good News about Christ... the power of God at work.
This fresh new study of Romans assures readers that the gospel is Gods answer to every human need and helps them catch Pauls burning desire to spread the message of salvation. Thirteen chapters blend helpful background information with uptodate applications of the gospel to everyday life. Individual readers and groups will appreciate the openended, thoughtprovoking questions following each chapter.
The book takes Romans apart chapter by chapter with eye catching at-a-glace panels to summarise the important themes such as Romans as a field manual for survival as a Christian, and information including a time line of Pauls journeys and letters.
The book opens with a note from the author giving sound advice on how to study alone and on studying in a group. This is followed by a short biography of Paul and an account of his conversion.
The first chapter covers questions of who wrote Romans, why, and what its all about. Subsequent chapters are followed with relevant, though provoking questions. The last chapter invites you to dig deeper with pointers to more help, information, study and life application.
Romans: Understanding Gods Grace and Power The Chapters:
1. Introduction and Theme - Romans 1:1-17
2. The reality and Consequences of Sin - Romans 1:18-2:16
3. Gods Forgiveness of Sin - Romans 2:17-3:31
4. Faith for the Ages - Romans 4
5. Peace with God - Romans 5
6. Freedom on Christ - Romans 6
7. Struggling with Sin - Romans 7
8. Living in the Spirit - Romans 8
9. God and Israel - Romans 9-11
10. How to Live as a Christian - Romans 12
11. Living as a Citizen of this World - Romans 13
12. Living in Christian Community - Romans 14:1-15:13
13. How to be an Intentional Christian - Romans 15:14-16:27
14. Dig Deeper
Romans: Understanding God's Grace and Power: Christianity 101 Bible Studies by Bruce Bickel;Stan Jantz was published by Harvest House in March 2004 and is our 21887th best seller. The ISBN for Romans: Understanding God's Grace and Power: Christianity 101 Bible Studies is 9780736909075.