Pictures at a Theological Exhibition Paperback
Scenes of the Church's Worship, Witness and Wisdom
by Kevin J. Vanhoozer;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 25 July?
Order within 3 hours and 45 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 25 July when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View
Kevin Vanhoozer's new collection of essays on Church life and practice examines how creativity is a gift to be cherished.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £14.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Pictures at a Theological Exhibition
Full Product Description
Kevin Vanhoozer calls the church to a more biblical and premodern picture, one that sees every particular person, thing and event in the light of God's act of reconciling the world to himself in Christ. Through essays on the church's worship, witness and wisdom, Vanhoozer shows us how a poetic imagination can answer the questions of life's meaning by drawing our attention to what really matters: the God of the gospel.
Pictures at a Theological Exhibition by Kevin J. Vanhoozer was published by IVP in May 2016 and is our 42427th best seller. The ISBN for Pictures at a Theological Exhibition is 9781783594269.
Reviews of Pictures at a Theological Exhibition
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Pictures at a Theological Exhibition.
Introduction: The Discarded Imagination: Metaphors by Which a Holy Nation Lives
Foyer: Before the Promenade (Prolegomena)
1. What Are Theologians For? Why Doctors of the Church Should Prescribe Christian
2. True Pictures: What Every Pastor Should Know About Biblical Truth and Interpretation
3. Three Ways of Singing Sola: Scripture as Light, Compass and Script (A Sermon on
Psalm 119:103-105, Luke 24:25-27 and Colossians 3:15-17)
Gallery One: Pictures of the Church's Worship
4. Worship at the Well: From Dogmatics to Doxology (And Back Again)
5. Praising God in Song: Beauty and the Arts
6. Moses' Magnificat: A Song for the Semester - and the Ages (A Sermon on Exodus
Gallery Two: Pictures of the Church's Witness
7. The Drama of the Christ: The Gospel as Thing Done and Word Made
8. The Drama of Discipleship: A Vocation of Spiritual Formation
9. The Strange New Status Symbol of the Cross (A Sermon on Philippians 2:5-11)
Gallery Three: Pictures of the Church's Wisdom
10. Sapiential Apologetics: The Dramatic Demonstration of Gospel Truth
11. Enhancement in the Cathedral: Power, Knowledge and Smart Pills
12. The Wisdom of Angels: Brokenness and Wholeness in the Academy and Church (A
Sermon on 1 Corinthians 1:18-25)
Conclusion: The Man with the X-Rho Eyes (A Sermon on 2 Kings 6:14-23)
Details for Pictures at a Theological Exhibition
|Page last updated||27th May 2017|
|Author / Artist||Kevin J. Vanhoozer|
|Publisher||IVP (May 2016)|
|Number of Pages||288|