Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective Paperback
by Scott J Hafemann;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £27.89 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective
Full Product Description
The essays presented here represent over twenty-five years of thinking about the theology and life of the Apostle Paul who, as a "slave of Jesus Christ" (Rom 1:1), was a "servant of the new covenant" with a "ministry of the Spirit" (2 Cor 3:6, 8).
Taking the questions raised by the history of scholarship since F. C. Baur as their starting point, Hafemann's exegetical studies focus on how Paul's self-understanding shaped his message, the motivations of his ministry, and his consequent call to suffer for the sake of his churches. Hafemann's work reveals that Paul's views of redemption, of his own redemptive mission, and of the life of the redeemed derived from his eschatological conviction that the purpose of the new covenant realities inaugurated by the Christ is to prepare for their promised consummation when Christ returns to judge the world.
Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective by Scott J Hafemann was published by Cascade Books in January 2015. The ISBN for Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective is 9781625646668.
Reviews of Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective.
Part One | Paul's Message
1. Paul and His Interpretations since F.C. Baur
2. Reading Paul's AIKAIO - Language: A Reponse to Douglas Campbell's "Rereading Paul's AIKAIO Language'
3. Paul's 'History-of-Redemptiom; Use of the Old Testament in 2 Corinthians
4. The Comfort and Power of the Gospel: The Argument of 2 Corinthians
5. The GLory and Veil of Moses in 2 Corinthians 3:7-14: An Example of Pauls' Contextual Exegesis of the Old Testament
6. The Sum of the Matter: Paul's Understanding of Perseverance
Part Two | Pauls' Ministry
7. Paul's 'Jeremiah' Ministry in Reverse and the Reality of the New Covenant
8. 'Because of Weakness' (Gal 4:13): The Role of Suffering in the Mission of Paul
9. Pastoral Suffering: Recovering Paul's Model of Ministry in 2 Corinthians
10. The 'Temple of the Spirit' as the Inaugural Fulfilment of the New Covenant
11. Paul's Concern for the Unity of the Church: An Embodiment of His New Covenant Theology
12. Divine Judgement and the Completion of the Missionary Task: Paul's Motivation for Ministry in 1-2 Thessalonians
13. The Sum of the Ministry: Challenges to Paul's Exclusive Gospel
Details for Paul's Message and Ministry in Covenant Perspective
|Page last updated||28th August 2015|
|Author / Artist||Scott J Hafemann|
|Book Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publisher||Cascade Books (January 2015)|
|Number of Pages||230|