Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ Paperback
A Pauline Theology
by Thomas Schreiner;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 48 hours
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £16.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ
Full Product Description
While thoroughly informed by the issues of contemporary Pauline studies, he offers an account of Paul's theology that is relatively unburdened by scholarly trappings but deals directly with the matter.
"The goal of writing a Pauline theology," he writes, "is to unearth Paul's worldview and to present it to contemporaries. Our task is not merely to reproduce Paul's thinking on various topics but to rightly estimate what is most important in his thinking and to set forth the inner connections between the various themes."
Like most writers of a Pauline theology, Schreiner discerns something at the heart and soul of Paul's theology. As Schreiner puts it, "The passion of Paul's life, the center and foundation and capstone of his vision, and the animating motive of his mission was the supremacy of God in and through the Lord Jesus Christ." Schreiner has stitched this theme into the fabric of his book, and the result is a Pauline theology that is not only informative, but spiritually uplifting, as well.
Here is a Pauline theology eminently suited to the needs of theological students and preachers.
Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ by Thomas Schreiner is published by Intervarsity Press and is our 26135th best seller. The ISBN for Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ is 9781844741649.
Reviews of Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ.
1. Introduction: The Centrality of God in Christ in Paul's Theology
2. Proclaiming a Magnificent God: The Pauline Mission
3. The Basis of Mission: The Fulfillment of the Promise to Abraham
4. Suffering & the Pauline Mission: The Means of Spreading the Gospel
5. Dishonoring God: The Violation of God's Law
6. Dishonoring God: The Power of Sin
7. The Person of Jesus Christ: The Exaltation of Christ for the Glory of God
8. God's Saving Righteousness: The Basis of a Right Relationship with God
9. God's Liberating Work for His People: Divine Transforming Grace
10. Living to Honor God: The Power to Live a New Life
11. Faith & Hope: The Ground of Perseverance
12. Life of Love in the Spirit: Exhortations & the Law in Paul
13. The Church & Spiritual Gifts: The Unity of God's People
14. The Ordinances of the Church & Its Ministry: The Building Up of the Body
15. The Social World of the New Community: Living as Christians in the Culture
16. The Hope of God's People: The Fulfillment of God's Saving Purposes
Epilogue: Magnifying God in Christ
Details for Paul, Apostle Of Gods Glory In Christ
|Page last updated||10th October 2016|
|Author / Artist||Thomas Schreiner|
|Number of Pages||504|