NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback Hardback
New Revised Standard Version
by New Revised Standard Version;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 6 days
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £15.38 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback
Full Product Description
Extensively revised - half of the material is brand new design to enhance readability, and brand-new colour maps, the Annotated Fourth Edition adds to the established reputation of this essential biblical studies resource. Many new and revised maps, charts, and diagrams further clarify information found in the Scripture text.
In addition, section introductions have been expanded and the book introductions present their information in a standard format so that students can find what they need to know. Of course, the Fourth Edition retains the features prized by students, including single column annotations at the foot of the pages, in-text charts, and maps, a page number-keyed index of all the study materials in the volume, and Oxford's renowned Bible maps.
This timely edition maintains and extends the excellence the Annotated's users have come to expect, bringing still more insights, information, and perspectives to bear upon the understanding of the biblical text. The renowned New Revised Standard Version Bible translation, the scholarly standard for study of the Bible.
- Wholly revised, and greatly expanded book introductions and annotations.
- Annotations in a single column across the page bottom.
- Paragraphed according to their boldface topical headings.
- n-text background essays on the major divisions of the biblical text.
- Essays on the formation of the biblical canon for Jews and Christians.
- More detailed explanations of the historical background of the text.
- More in-depth treatment of the history and varieties of biblical criticism.
- A timeline of major events in the ancient Near East.
- A full index to all of the study materials, keyed to the page numbers on which they occur.
- A full glossary of scholarly and critical terms.
- 36-page section of full colour New Oxford Bible Maps.
- Approximately 40 in-text line drawing maps and diagrams.
- Classic but not stodgy, up-to-date but not trendy.
- The New Oxford Annotated Bible: 4th Edition serves students, teachers, and general readers.
NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback was published by Oxford University Press in March 2010 and is our 7174th best seller. The ISBN for NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback is 9780195289619.
Reviews of NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback.
"A very scholarly edition with footnotes and a lengthy introduction to each of the items in the apocrypha that helped to understand authorship and social/historical context."
"The physical quality of the book takes a step forward from previous editions. The pages are of a thicker stock, and therefore almost opaque and easy to handle. This is a great improvement on previous editions of the NOA Apocrypha, which used the "onion skin" paper for which Bibles are famous. The font and layout have been well designed to allow for more "white space" on the page to aid reading. The shift to paragraph-style annotations rather than the two-column format is a visual improvement."
About the Authors/Editors
Details for NRSV Oxford Annotated Apocrypha Red Harback
|Publisher||Oxford University Press (March 2010)|
|Edition||4th Revised edition|
|Number of Pages||400|
|Page last updated||23rd February 2018|