You Don't Have to Settle
"Over the last four decades, I've met one-on-one with thousands of men. Most of them know that Jesus promised "a rich and satisfying life" (John 10:10), but too many are confused about what that looks like. In fact, I'd estimate that 90 percent of Christian men lead lukewarm, stagnant, defeated lives - and they hate it. When men try to put into words what's holding them back, they invariably describe one or more of these seven symptoms:
- "I just feel like I'm in this thing alone."
- "I don't feel like God cares about me personally - not really."
- "I don't feel like my life has a purpose. In fact, it seems random."
- "I have destructive behaviors that keep dragging me down."
- "My soul feels dry."
- "My most important relationships are not working."
- "I don't feel like I'm doing anything that will make a lasting difference."
"Do you see yourself in these statements? In my experience, these inner aches and pains correspond to seven primal God-given needs that all men feel deeply. And in Man Alive, I'll show you something surprising - God's plan to harness that raw, restless energy you feel, pull you out of mediocrity, and propel you toward the life you were meant to live. I promise you...there is a way. No man should have to settle for half alive. You can become the man God created you to be. You can experience a powerful life transformed by Christ. In the book you're holding, I'll show you how."
- Patrick Morley, PhD
"Most men want to leave a positive moral and spiritual legacy. Yet we know that in order to do that, we must be living out our moral and spiritual beliefs in the present. Man Alive shows how to make this desire a reality. I highly recommend this book to men of all ages."
- Gary Chapman, author, The Five Love Languages
"Something is missing from the average Christian man's life, but what is it? Man Alive gives men permission to dig down and discover the fire within."
- Craig Groeschel, Senior Pastor of LifeChurch.tv; author of Dare to Drop the Pose, Chazown, and Weird
"A great many men I've met want so much to experience the rich and abundant life Jesus promised but don't. As a result, they feel dissatisfied, caught in conflicting emotions. Are you one? In Man Alive, Pat Morley--who has probably had more deeply personal conversations with men than anyone I know--goes straight to the heart of your dissatisfaction. He delivers a world of wisdom that will lead you to strength, confidence and clarity."
- Bob Buford, Founder, Leadership Network, author of Halftime and Finishing Well
Man Alive Pb by Patrick Morley was published by Waterbrook Multnomah in January 2012 and is our 59491st best seller. The ISBN for Man Alive Pb is 9781601423863.