The Message of the Holy Spirit Paperback
Putting God's Wisdom into Action
by Keith Warrington;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 21 November?
Order within 29 hours and 1 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 21 November when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £12.50 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Message of the Holy Spirit
Full Product Description
However, Keith Warrington's conviction is that the Holy Spirit is more important, more central, more immanently involved in his creation, the church, and individual believers, more often and more strategically, than many Christians realise.
When Jesus left his disciples and went to heaven, he gave the best gift he could - the Holy Spirit - knowing that he will be our dynamic guide and partner as we seek to live as God's people. In this practical, biblically based exploration of the Spirit, Warrington encourages believers to recognize that the same Spirit seeks to encounter us and desires that we encounter him.
The Message of the Holy Spirit by Keith Warrington was published by Intervarsity Press in September 2009 and is our 15570th best seller. The ISBN for The Message of the Holy Spirit is 9781844743971.
Reviews of The Message of the Holy Spirit
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
The Message of the Holy SpiritTim Leffler, via The Good Book Stall
IVP The Bible Speaks Today series of Bible commentaries has proved to be an enduring, popular, informative and highly readable commentary series. Having completed texts on the books of the Bible the series diversified into an excellent series of thematic studies which continue the rich contribution to biblical study.
Keith Warrington’s text on The Message of the Holy Spirit is a welcome, well written and informative text on what, for many, is an area that is likely to be challenging and potentially controversial. Warrington together with IVP have crafted a text that provides an excellent study of the evangelical mainstream doctrinal view of the person, working and character of the third member of the Trinity. This text has been cleverly set out in short sections that are easily accessible, largely stand alone but combine to provide the reader with a sound basis to understand this frequently controversial, misunderstood and mis-represented area of fundamental doctrine.
This excellent book should be on every pastor’s or Bible student’s bookshelf and will go a long way to providing the background for sound Bible teaching. I would recommend anyone reading this to get a copy, read it and encourage others to do the same. It will be a tool to refer to on many future occasions.
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about The Message of the Holy Spirit.
1. Who is the Holy Spirit and what is he like? (1 Samuel 6:11-13; Matthew 3:11-16; Acts 2:2)
The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament
2. The Holy Spirit is the energiser of all creation (Genesis 1:1-3)
3. The Holy Spirit works wonders through weak people (Judges 3:7-11; 6:24 -- 8:28; 11:1-40; 13:25 -- 15:15)
The Holy Spirit in the Gospels
4. The Holy Spirit and proclamation (Luke 1:41-69; 2:25-35)
5. The Holy Spirit authenticates Jesus (Luke 1:35; 3:22; 4:1-15)
6. The Holy Spirit commissions Jesus (Luke 4:16-30; 12:8-12
7. The Holy Spirit and salvation (John 3:1-10; 4:7-26; 7:37, 39)
8. The Holy Spirit is the Paraclete (John 14:12-17; 15:26 -- 16:7, 13-15)
9. The Holy Spirit convicts unbelievers (John 16:1-11)
The Holy Spirit in the Book of Acts
10. The Holy Spirit and evangelism (Acts 1:8; 4:1-31; 6:8 -- 7:60; 13:4-12)
11. The Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2: 1-12)
12. The Holy Spirit guides believers (Acts 5:3-9; 8:29-40; 10:19-23; 11:12-15; 13:2-4; 16:6-10)
The Holy Spirit in the Epistles
13. The Holy Spirit opposes the flesh and affirms believers (Romans 8:1-13, 14-23, 26-27)
14. The Holy Spirit provides gifts (1 Corinthians 12:4-13; Romans 12:6-8)
15. The Holy Spirit and transformation (Galatians 5:16 -- 6:2)
16. The Holy Spirit seals and guarantees believers (Ephesians 1:3-14)
17. The Holy Spirit provides access to God (Ephesians 2:11-22)
18. The Holy Spirit and unity (Ephesians 4:1-16, 25-32)
19. Be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18 -- 6:8)
'The Bible Speaks Today themes series will serve as a health-giving tonic to this generation of Christians.'
'Accessible, informative and uncomplicated, The Bible Speaks Today series offers genuine insights into the text, without becoming over-scholarly.'
Other products in the Bible Speaks Today Bible Themes Series Series
See other items in the Bible Speaks Today Bible Themes Series Series
Details for The Message of the Holy Spirit
|Author / Artist||Keith Warrington|
|Publisher||Intervarsity Press (September 2009)|
|Number of Pages||272|
|Page last updated||18th September 2017|