Inventing the Universe Hardback
Why We Can't Stop Talking About Science, Faith and God
by Alister McGrath;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 3 days
A Bird's Eye View from Eden
From the author of The Dawkins Delusion, Inventing the Universe looks at just why we are drawn to towards science and God.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £18.70 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Inventing the Universe
Full Product Description
- Looking for answers to the big scientific questions of the moment?
- Alister McGrath addresses where science and faith meet, and seeks to find resolution there
- Understand a little more of where belief and science intertwine in this book of striking insights
From the author of the bestselling The Dawkins Delusion - an accessible account of the biggest questions around science and faith, grounded in the very best scholarship.
We just can't stop talking about the big questions around science and faith. They haven't gone away, as some predicted they might; in fact, we seem to talk about them more than ever. Far from being a spent force, religion continues to grow around the world. Meanwhile, Richard Dawkins and the New Atheists argue that religion is at war with science - and that we have to choose between them.
It's time to consider a different way of looking at these two great cultural forces. What if science and faith might enrich each other? What if they can together give us a deep and satisfying understanding of life?
Alister McGrath, one of the world's leading authorities on science and religion, engages with the big questions that Dawkins and others have raised - including origins, the burden of proof, the meaning of life, the existence of God and our place in the universe. Informed by the best and latest scholarship, Inventing the Universe is a groundbreaking new primer for the complex yet fascinating relationship between science and faith.
Inventing the Universe by Alister McGrath was published by Hodder & Stoughton General Division in October 2015 and is our 13541st best seller. The ISBN for Inventing the Universe is 9781444798456.
Reviews of Inventing the Universe
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Inventing the Universe.
1. From Wonder to Understanding: Beginning a Journey
2. Stories, Picture and Maps: Making Sense of Things
3. Theory, Evidence and Proof: How Do We Know What is True?
4. Inventing the Universe: Our Strange World
5. Darwin and Evolution: New Questions for Science and Faith
6. Souls: On Being Human
7. The Quest for Meaning and the Limits of Science
8. An Empirical Ethics? Science and Morality
9. Science and Faith: Making Sense of the World - Making Sense of Life
For Further Reading
Details for Inventing the Universe
|Author / Artist||Alister McGrath|
|Publisher||Hodder & Stoughton General Division (October 2015)|
|Number of Pages||256|
|Page last updated||20th January 2017|