Inventing the Universe Hardback
Why We Can't Stop Talking About Science, Faith and God
by Alister McGrath;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 24 January?
Order within 43 hours and 22 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 24 January when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
A Bird's Eye View
From the author of The Dawkins Delusion, Inventing the Universe looks at just why we are drawn to towards science and God.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £20.00 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Inventing the Universe
Full Product Description
We just can't stop talking about the big questions around science and faith. They haven't gone away, as some predicted they might; in fact, we seem to talk about them more than ever. Far from being a spent force, religion continues to grow around the world. Meanwhile, Richard Dawkins and the New Atheists argue that religion is at war with science - and that we have to choose between them.
It's time to consider a different way of looking at these two great cultural forces. What if science and faith might enrich each other? What if they can together give us a deep and satisfying understanding of life?
Alister McGrath, one of the world's leading authorities on science and religion, engages with the big questions that Dawkins and others have raised - including origins, the burden of proof, the meaning of life, the existence of God and our place in the universe. Informed by the best and latest scholarship, Inventing the Universe is a groundbreaking new primer for the complex yet fascinating relationship between science and faith.
Inventing the Universe by Alister McGrath was published by Hodder & Stoughton General Division in October 2015 and is our 291st best seller. The ISBN for Inventing the Universe is 9781444798456.
Reviews of Inventing the Universe
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Inventing the Universe.
This product is also listed in the following departments:
- Christian Authors department under Alister McGrath
- Christmas Store department under Christmas Gift Finder
- Flash Sale - Save up to 85% - 24 Hours ONLY department
- Christian Publishers department under Hodder and Stoughton
- New for 2017 department under New Books for 2017
- Science and Religion Offer department
If you like this you may also like...
1. From Wonder to Understanding: Beginning a Journey
2. Stories, Picture and Maps: Making Sense of Things
3. Theory, Evidence and Proof: How Do We Know What is True?
4. Inventing the Universe: Our Strange World
5. Darwin and Evolution: New Questions for Science and Faith
6. Souls: On Being Human
7. The Quest for Meaning and the Limits of Science
8. An Empirical Ethics? Science and Morality
9. Science and Faith: Making Sense of the World - Making Sense of Life
For Further Reading
Details for Inventing the Universe
|Page last updated||20th January 2017|
|Author / Artist||Alister McGrath|
|Publisher||Hodder & Stoughton General Division (October 2015)|
|Number of Pages||256|