Genesis 16-50, Volume 2 Hardback
by Gordon John Wenham;
In Stock - Usually dispatched within 4 days
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £33.38 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
Genesis 16-50, Volume 2
Full Product Description
- Introduction ? covers issues pertaining to the whole book, including context, date, authorship, composition, interpretive issues, purpose, and theology.
- Pericope Bibliography ? a helpful resource containing the most important works that pertain to each particular pericope.
- Translation ? the author?s own translation of the biblical text, reflecting the end result of exegesis and attending to Hebrew and Greek idiomatic usage of words, phrases, and tenses, yet in reasonably good English.
- Notes ? the author?s notes to the translation that address any textual variants, grammatical forms, syntactical constructions, basic meanings of words, and problems of translation.
- Form/Structure/Setting ? a discussion of redaction, genre, sources, and tradition as they concern the origin of the pericope, its canonical form, and its relation to the biblical and extra-biblical contexts in order to illuminate the structure and character of the pericope. Rhetorical or compositional features important to understanding the passage are also introduced here.
- Comment ? verse-by-verse interpretation of the text and dialogue with other interpreters, engaging with current opinion and scholarly research.
- Explanation ? brings together all the results of the discussion in previous sections to expose the meaning and intention of the text at several levels: (1) within the context of the book itself; (2) its meaning in the OT or NT; (3) its place in the entire canon; (4) theological relevance to broader OT or NT issues.
- General Bibliography ? occurring at the end of each volume, this extensive bibliography contains all sources used anywhere in the commentary. 560 pages
Genesis 16-50, Volume 2 by Gordon John Wenham was published by Zondervan in April 2015 and is our 7452nd best seller. The ISBN for Genesis 16-50, Volume 2 is 9780310521839.
Reviews of Genesis 16-50, Volume 2
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Genesis 16-50, Volume 2.
Details for Genesis 16-50, Volume 2
|Page last updated||24th September 2015|
|Author / Artist||Gordon John Wenham|
|Publisher||Zondervan (April 2015)|
|Number of Pages||560|