Disciples Path: The Journey Vol. 4 Leader Guide contains the same content as the Personal Study Guide, including group discussion, personal study, and practical application. Also, each page includes additional comments, questions, and other leader helps to facilitate discussion.
For a long time, the church has put an emphasis on making converts. The call of Christ is not to make converts, but to make disciples.
But discipleship is a process. And who has the time to disciple an entire church? Fortunately, the solution is already sitting in the congregation. There is a disciple-maker inside every Christian. Disciples Path: The Journey was created just for them. It's a one-year intentional plan of discipleship that's designed to make disciples who make disciples.
Disciples Path was originally created by 14 disciple-making church leaders who were brought together to think through how to instill biblical principles and practices of discipleship. The group included senior pastors, education ministers, and small group pastors from various churches, ministry areas, and traditions.
They realized that the disciple's path should be progressive, relational, disciplined, and replicable.
• Disciples Path: The Journey is progressive in that each study builds on the previous one with a destination in mind.
• Disciples Path: The Journey is relational because discipleship is taught and caught—time spent with the disciple-maker helps the disciple ask questions, observe practices, and learn specific skills, truths, and principles that will be exercised for the lifetime of the disciple.
• Disciples Path: The Journey is disciplined because what happens between meetings is more important than what happens during them. The end of each session presents a set of expectations that the growing disciple agrees to accomplish on his own before the next session.
• Disciples Path: The Journey is replicable in that discipleship is an ongoing practice. The disciple should become a disciple-maker. By using these resources, even the first-time disciple-maker will be equipped to take on this important but sometimes intimidating role.
Volume 4 Study Plan:
1. Return to the Gospel
2. Seeing the Big Picture
3. The God Who Sends
4. Our Work in the World
5. Compelled by Love
6. Reversing the Curse
7. Living by the Spirit's Power
8. All Things to All People
9. Producing Spiritual Fruit
10. The Commitment to Disciple-Making
11. Disciple Through Strong Relationships
12. Who Is a Disciple-Maker?
13. Review and Commission
Disciples Path: The Journey Leader Guide Volume 4 by Lifeway Christian Resources was published by Lifeway Christian Resources in May 2017. The ISBN for Disciples Path: The Journey Leader Guide Volume 4 is 9781430063278.