De Lubac Paperback
A guide for the perplexed
by David Grumett;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £22.31 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Full Product Description
This introduction to De Lubac will therefore also provide an overview of the whole of twentieth century French catholic theology. De Lubac’s work extends beyond narrow theological boundaries. Because of this breadth of interest, some areas of his work, such as his political theology and study of Buddhism, have previously received little attention. In bringing figures from other intellectual disciplines into dialogue with Christian scripture and tradition, however, De Lubac reveals the theological significance of their positions as well as demonstrating the insufficiency of their ambivalent attitudes to faith.
1. God and nature: the theory of pure nature; beyond pure nature and necessary grace; the desire of nature for God; theology, history and the Church
2. Spiritual resistance to Nazism: patriotism and nationalism; Church and politics: power versus conscience; sacred versus secular?; conscience and reflective action; spiritual resistance; the love of justice in Christ
3. The Church: theology and controversy; faith, order and tradition; the Eucharist; particular and local churches in the universal Church; the bishop; priesthood and the family of God; the mission of the Church
4. Scripture: scriptural questioning; the historical sense and the literal sense; the spiritual sense and the mystical sense (the allegorical sense; the tropological sense: moral and mystical; the anagogical (eschatological) sense); Christ the New Testament
5. Person, world and history: writing and reading history; the threefold humanity of Christ; God, person and world
6. Faith and reason: faith and the idea of God; belief in God; arguing for God; Christian philosophy; dogma, revelation and divine ineffability
7. Christ and the Buddha: the Cross and the bodhi tree; for love of the person; faith, religion and culture
8. The challenge of the supernatural: conclusion and agenda
Dr David Grumett is Research Fellow in Theology in the University of Exeter, UK.
De Lubac by David Grumett was published by Continuum in August 2007 and is our 39434th best seller. The ISBN for De Lubac is 9780826493156.
Reviews of De Lubac
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about De Lubac.
Details for De Lubac
|Page last updated||21st December 2015|
|Author / Artist||David Grumett|
|Publisher||Continuum (August 2007)|
|Number of Pages||192|