Christian Ethics and the Church Paperback
Ecclesial Foundations for Moral Thought and Practice
by Philip Turner;
A Bird's Eye View
Explore the basis for Christian Ethics in and the Church in this in-depth textbook which will bring out the scholar in you.
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £15.99 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Christian Ethics and the Church
Full Product Description
Philip Turner, a leading expert in the field, explores the intersection of moral theology and ecclesiology, arguing that the focus of Christian ethics should not be personal holiness or social reform but how Christians are to live with one another.
The life of the soul and the life of society are matters of concern for Christians, of course, but "the originating locus of Christian ethics lies properly within the interior life of the church rather than in the interior life of the soul or the moral state of society," says Turner.
A theology of moral thought and practice must take its cues from the notion that human beings, upon salvation, are redeemed and called into a life oriented around the community of the church. Christian Ethics and the Church distills a senior scholar's life work and will be valued by professors and students of Christian ethics, theology, and ecclesiology.
Christian Ethics and the Church by Philip Turner was published by Baker Publishing Group in October 2015. The ISBN for Christian Ethics and the Church is 9780801097072.
Reviews of Christian Ethics and the Church
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Christian Ethics and the Church.
Part 1: The Focus of Christian Ethics: Three Accounts
1. John Cassian's Ethic of Individual Salvation
2. Walter Rauschenbusch's Ethic of Social Redemption
3. John Howard Yoder's Ethic of Communal Witness
Part 2: A Prismatic Case: The Epistle to the Ephesians
4. The Goal and Basis of Life Together in Christ: A Reading of the Epistle to the Ephesians (Part One)
5. The Character of Life Together in Christ: A Reading of the Epistle to the Ephesians (Part Two)
Part 3: Possible Exceptions
6. Possible Exceptions: The Self
7. Possible Exceptions: Society
Part 4: The Shape of an Ecclesial Ethic
8. The Goal, Basis, and Character of an Ecclesial Ethic
9. The Ecclesial Setting of a Devout and Holy Life
10. An Ecclesial View of Life in Civil Society
11. An Ecclesial View of Life within Political Society (Part One)
12. An Ecclesial View of Life within Political Society (Part Two)
Details for Christian Ethics and the Church
|Page last updated||24th October 2016|
|Author / Artist||Philip Turner|
|Book Format||Paperback / softback|
|Publisher||Baker Publishing Group (October 2015)|
|Number of Pages||320|