Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition Paperback
Music from Taize
by Taize Community;
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £9.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition
Full Product Description
The songs of Taize were first developed in the 1970s, as the number of young people from different countries grew and the need to find a way for all of them to participate in prayer together became more pressing. They were first presented to the English-speaking world in the 1980s in Music from Taize 1 & 2. These two volumes were followed in 1991 by Songs and Prayers of Taize (published by Mowbray/Continuum), the first book to give English translations for many of the songs, and in 1998 by Songs for Prayer. Christe Lux Mundi contains the principle songs written since then, nearly all composed by brothers of the Community. The contents do not overlap with the titles mentioned above.
Christe Lux Mundi is available in two editions: the vocal edition contains, as well as the congregational parts, all the solo verses in English. The congregational parts on their own are also available in the assembly edition. Taize songs have two essential elements, whatever the context in which they are used. First, the songs are meditative and are intended to help open a contemplative dimension of prayer. Secondly, they are intended to allow the participation of everyone.
Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition by Taize Community was published by Continuum in March 2008 and is our 4968th best seller. The ISBN for Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition is 9781906286125.
Reviews of Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition.
Does this book contain guitar chords?
Yes, this songbook features keyboard accompaniments and guitar chords.
Does this contain the music or is it just a words edition. My daughter has requested a book of Taize chants to introduce at her local church but needs to have the music so as to play it on the piano.
This edition of the Taize Music contains both words and music.
If you like this you may also like...
CD Track Listing and Samples
1. Ad te Jesu Christe (Latin, Ps 25:1-2)
2. Alleluia 20
3. Alleluia 21
4. Alleluia 22
5. Alleluia! Slava Tiebe Boze (Russian Orthodox, arr. Taize)
6. Beati voi poveri (Italian, Lk 6:20)
7. Behute mich, Gott (German, Ps 16:1, 11)
8. Bendigo al Senor (Spanish, Ps 28:6-7)
9. Bog jest miloscia (Polish, John Paul II)
10. Bogoroditse Dievo 1 (Russian Orthodox, A. Arkhangelski)
11. Bogoroditse Dievo 2 (trad. Russian Orthodox)
12.Cantarei ao Senhor (Portugese, Ps 146:2)
13. Cantate Dominum canticum novum (Latin, Ps 96:1)
14. Christe, lux mundi (Latin, Jn 8:12)
15. Dominus Spiritus est (Latin, 2 Cor 3:17, 6)
16. El alma que anda en amor (Spanish, from St. John of the Cross)
17. Esprit consolateur (French, an expression of Bro. Roger)
18. Fiez-vous en Lui (French, adapt. from Phil 4:6-7)
19. Frieden, Frieden (German, Jn 14:27)
20. I am sure i shall see (Ps 27:13-14)
21. In manus tuas, Pater (Latin, Lk 23:46)
22. In resurrectione tua (Latin, liturgy)
23. Jesu, redemptor (Latin, liturgy)
24. Jubilate, Alleluia (Latin, Ps 66:1)
25. Kristus, din Ande (Swedish inspired by Jn 4:14)
26. Kyrie 19
27. Kyrie 20
28. L'ajuda em vindra (Catalan, Ps 121:2)
29. Magnificat 3 (Latin, Lk 1:46)
30. Nothing can ever (Rom 8:39)
31. Que j'exulte et jubile (French, Ps 31:8)
32. Qui regade vers Dieu (French, Ps 34:6)
33. Seigneur, tu gardes mon ame (French, inspired from Ps 139:1, 24)
34. Sit nomen Domini (Latin, Ps 113:2)
35. The kingdom of God (inspired by Rom 14:17)
36. Tu sei sorgentva (Italian, liturgy)
37. Venite, exultemus Domino (Latin, liturgy)
38. Viespatie, tu viska zinai (Lithuanian, Jn 21:17)
39. Wyslawiajcie Pana (Polish, Ps 96:1)
Indexes (including English translations):
Scriptural and other references
The Liturgical Year
Details for Christe Lux Mundi Vocal Edition
|Page last updated||15th December 2015|
|Author / Artist||Taize Community|
|Publisher||Continuum (March 2008)|
|Number of Pages||72|