Atonement as Gift Paperback
Re-Imagining the Cross for the Church and the World
by Katie M Heffelfinger;
0In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours
A Bird's Eye View
Unique insight into the practical implications of the doctrine of atonement for individuals and communities today
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £11.79 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Atonement as Gift
Full Product Description
This book asks the question:'What difference does the atonement make for ecumenics, pastoral care, theodicy, gender, ecology, and social division?' The answers, given by experts in their fields, point to the potential of the doctrine to renew Christian theology and spirituality.
This unique book is designed not only to offer the insights of these theologians, but also to guide readers to engage the issue for themselves and to integrate the doctrine into their own theological reflection.
1. Stephen Williams, 'The Atonement Today: The State of Current Discussion'.
2. Vincent Twomey and Stephen Williams, 'The Cross and Our Aspiration for a Common Doctrine of Redemption' followed by questions for discussion groups.
3. Ron Elsdon, 'The Cross and the Redemption of the Cosmos'.
4. Elaine Storkey, 'The Cross and the Reconciliation of Gender' followed by a creative writing workshop exercise.
5. David Tombs, 'The Cross and the Reconciliation of Enemies'.
6. Richard Bauckham, 'The Cross and God's Embrace of Suffering' followed by an exegetically driven exercise examining lament texts.
7. Robin Stockitt, 'The Cross and Our Captivity to Shame' followed by resources for conducting a bibliodrama workshop.
8. Heather Morris, 'The Cross and the Healing of the Self' followed by the description of a prayer ministry clinic related to the themes of the chapter.
9. Katie M. Heffelfinger and Patrick G. McGlinchey, 'Responses'.
Atonement as Gift by Katie M Heffelfinger was published by Paternoster in June 2014 and is our 38831st best seller. The ISBN for Atonement as Gift is 9781842278161.
Reviews of Atonement as Gift
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Atonement as Gift.
Details for Atonement as Gift
|Page last updated||18th September 2016|
|Author / Artist||Katie M Heffelfinger|
|Publisher||Paternoster (June 2014)|
|Number of Pages||250|