I Believe : The Apostles' Creed Paperback
Filling out the familiar short statements
by Tim Chester;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Thursday 14 December?
Order within 6 hours and 6 minutes for delivery on Thursday 14 December when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £3.99 Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
|I Believe: The Apostles' Creed - Pack of 6|
|PACK OF 6Save £5.98Only £17.96|
I Believe : The Apostles' Creed
Full Product Description
This Good Book Guide aims to fill out the content of the short statements of this creed which are so familiar to us.
The Apostles' Creed is recited by Christians throughout the world each Sunday. For many it is a dull routine, and for others, it is spoken with confusion or doubt, rather than with confidence and joy.
Do we really need creeds? Increasingly, people do not like the idea of pinning truth down. Others want to stick to the Bible alone, and think that creeds have no place in our worship.
But most churches have found it helpful to have a summary of Christian beliefs. Creeds summarize who we are, they teach us what is important and they help us avoid error. In modern business language, they are our 'identity documents'.
This Good Book Guide aims to fill out the content of the short statements of this creed which are so familiar to us. In ten studies, it shows how they are derived from the Bible - the teaching of the apostles - and what the significance of
this momentous formula is for our daily lives.
Saying the creed need never be dull, confused or joyless again...
I Believe : The Apostles' Creed by Tim Chester was published by Good Book Company in March 2007 and is our 10579th best seller. The ISBN for I Believe : The Apostles' Creed is 9781905564415.
Reviews of I Believe : The Apostles' Creed
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about I Believe : The Apostles' Creed.
1. Believing in God - 'I believe in God'
(Romans 1 v 18-25 and John 14 v 1-11)
2. The Triune God - 'the Father...his only Son...the Holy Spirit'
(John 17 v 20-26)
3. The Sovereign God - 'the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth'
4. The identity of Jesus Christ - 'I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord'
5. The Sacrifice of Jesus Christ - 'who suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead' (Matthew 27 v 11-54)
6. The reign of Jesus Christ - 'On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead'
(1 Corinthians 15 v 1-34)
7. The life of the Spirit - 'I believe in the Holy Spirit'
(Romans 8 v 1-17)
8. The community of the Spirit - 'the holy catholic church, the communion of saints'
9. The work of the Spirit - 'the forgiveness of sins'
(Matthew 9 v 1-13 and Titus 3 v 3-8)
10. The hope of the Spirit - 'the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting'
(Romans 8 v 18-39)
Other products in the Good Book Guide Series
See other items in the Good Book Guide Series
Details for I Believe : The Apostles' Creed
|Author / Artist||Tim Chester|
|Publisher||Good Book Company (March 2007)|
|Number of Pages||100|
|Page last updated||26th April 2017|