To order by phone
- Monday to Friday
To order by phone
- Monday to Friday
0800 612 2186
Your basket is empty
Your One-Stop-ShopFor Christian Resources
FREE UK DeliveryOn all orders over £10
Over 500,000 CustomersServing every town/city in the UK!
Buy Now Pay LaterSchools, Churches & More
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
The Adventure Cruise Midweek & Holiday Club Programme by John Hardwick was published by Barnabas in November 2012 and is our 1367th best seller. The ISBN for The Adventure Cruise Midweek & Holiday Club Programme is 9781841018409.
John Hardwick has years of experience in children's ministry and consequently this latest Midweek and Holiday Club Programme The Adventure Cruise is packed full of great ideas to engage children from 5 to11and help them to discover how they too can get on board with Jesus. The cruise takes the children on a voyage of discovery on the High C's (pun intended) of choice, courage, call, change, commitment and challenge.
The material has been designed to be used in a traditional holiday club week or in a longer series in a midweek club setting by dividing each of the sessions into two. The ingredients include songs and accompanying actions, opening talks, theme illustrations and challenges, a serial drama based around the Watt family, craft and games suggestions, puppet sketches, quiz questions, Bible story narrations, fun sheets, time fillers and prayer ideas. In addition there are useful templates for publicity, and administration items for your club, such as badges, invitation cards, registration forms and so on. The material in the book may be further enhanced by buying a CD containing songs and the drama sketches as well as online resources such as songs with accompanying actions on YouTube. There is a such a variety of ideas to choose from to bring each session alive and get the message across most effectively that much planning remains to be done by the local team. John is keen to emphasize the need to plan your own programme from his resources, in order to make the material best fit the children and the situation in which you are working.
The book begins with some helpful sections on setting up a club for those new to this kind of enterprise and is a good checklist for more seasoned leaders. This material includes how to stay within the law whether on DBS checks, OFSTED requirements or photocopy licences, as well as safety issues such as fire exits and First Aiders.
A huge amount of work and skill has gone into this production. The punchy message comes across with a light touch through humour and lots of varied age-appropriate activities. Children and leaders will have a memorable time enjoying it together and the fruit will be seen in individual lives for months and years to come.
DOES THIS PROGRAMME HAVE INDIVIDUAL CHILDREN'S WORKBOOKS ALONGSIDE, PLEASE?
Does ADVENTURE CRUISE have an accompanying DCVD ?
Pull up the anchor and get ready to sail as The Adventure Cruise launches into a programme of simple, fun-to-do activities. We'll be cruising the six 'C's, meeting people along the way who have had a life-changing encounter with Jesus. First of all there is the 'C' of Choice, then Courage, Call, Change, Commitment and Challenge. Just like the people we meet in the Bible stories about Jesus, we have choices to make, many of which will involve a great deal of courage. As Christians, we believe that God calls us to meet with Jesus and allow him to change our lives. God is committed to us and, when we choose to follow him, we too must be committed - to God and to one another. Often our choice challenges us to make a change which is well worth making, so don't miss out: step aboard as we sail away on The Adventure Cruise!
The Adventure Cruise contains all the essential ingredients for a successful, easy-to-run midweek or holiday club programme, including:
• Songs: Songs that we learn as children stay with us right through our lives. They are a wonderful way of planting biblical truths in a fun way. Children love helping with actions for songs, so why not ask for volunteers to join those who are leading the actions, to demonstrate them for the rest of the children.
• Opening talks: A short talk to introduce the theme.
• Theme illustrations and challenges: A fun way of getting children involved in the upfront times, plus a creative way to illustrate the theme.
• The Watt family serial drama: The Watt family find themselves battling against pirates on a modern cruise liner. Yes, pirates still exist - but they are not exciting heroes, just a bunch of crooks. The Watt family save the day on the adventure cruise of a lifetime. The daily instalments can be performed by a drama group, listened to on CD (visit www. johnhardwick.org.uk) or read as an adventure story. The Watt family serial drama helps set the scene and leaves the children on a cliff hanger each time, ensuring that they are keen to return to hear the next episode.
• Crafts: A range of simple crafts ideas that fit with the theme of the programme.
• Games: Team games for the children to enjoy. Also good for spending excess energy.
• Puppet sketches: A fun way to introduce and reinforce the theme for the day.
• Quick quiz questions: An ideal way to recap and reinforce in a fun way what the children have learnt. Also a way of earning points for the teams or tokens to spend.
• Bible story narrations: Many children attending a holiday or midweek club know few stories from the Bible, so this is a wonderful opportunity to teach them. There are profound lessons to be learned from the amazing stories, so please never feel that we have outgrown them.
• Prayers: A quiet way to explore the theme.
• Time fillers: Ideas for expanding the programme as required.
• Templates: Simple ideas for creating the publicity and administration items for your club.
• Badges, invitation cards, registration form and presentation poster.
Photocopy permission is given on all scripts and music notation for the theme songs and memory verses, as well as the templates for the crafts, publicity, and administration forms.
|Author / Artist||John Hardwick|
|Publisher||Barnabas (November 2012)|
|Number of Pages||96|
|Page last updated||19th March 2018|