The NIV Study Bible is the leading and most widely used Bible of its kind. No other study Bible combines the world's most popular Bible translation - the NIV - with such comprehensive study notes, written by the original NIV translators.
Giving you a huge range of in-depth study information to help you understand the Bible, with striking section breaks and colour features throughout.
The NIV Study Bible uses the fully revised and updated text of the New International Version and is renowned for being both accessible and accurate.
The NIV Study Bible notes are the work of the same translation team that produced the NIV Bible text. Special interest areas, such as character study, archaeology and personal application, are coded for easy navigation. The words of Christ are featured in red.
- Over 20,000 study notes, with icons to make important information easy to spot
- Introductions and outlines provide valuable background information for each book of the Bible
- In-text maps, charts, diagrams, and illustrations visually clarify the stories in the Bible
- Full-colour maps plus time lines and presentation page
- Words of Christ in red
- NIV concordance plus subject and study notes indexes
- 8.9pt / 9.25pt text More about the translation:
This 2011 revised and updated edition of the NIV includes three main types of change, taking into account changes in the way we use language day to day; advances in biblical scholarship and understanding; and the need to ensure that gender accurate language is used, to faithfully reflect whether men and women are referred to in each instance.
The translators have carefully assessed a huge body of scholarship, as well as inviting peer submissions, in order to review every word of the existing NIV to ensure it remains as clear and relevant today as when it was first published.
Royalties from all sales of the NIV Bible help Biblica, formerly the International Bible Society, in their work of translating and distributing Bibles around the world.