The Last Tiger
Uplifting and thoughtful beautiful picture book
by Rebecca Elliott
Availability: In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Why buy from Eden.co.uk?
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £5
Churches & Schools Click here to Buy Now and Pay Later
Call us on 0800 612 2186
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 6:00pm
Security Guaranteed with 256-Bit SSL Security from Verisign
Over 400,000 customers served
Save £0.16 when you buy The Last Tiger and Zoo Girl together!
"One night the tiger’s paw got caught in an old tin can. Luka ran to see what the noise was…. A TIGER? He gently pulled the tiger’s giant paw from the can. The tiger smiled, and nodded..."
Similar in style to her Kate Greenaway Medal nominated 'Zoo Girl', Rebecca Elliott's new story warns of what the future might hold if we neglect our care for the environment around us. Set in a world reduced to a rubbish dump by human carelessness, a little boy named Luka discovers the very last tiger. But where did the tiger come from?
Through their adventure together, tiger and boy rediscover a natural way of living and lead the world to a new sustainable future. With striking illustrations crafted in ink line with a colourful collage effect, this thoughtful and uplifting picture book will make a lasting impression on your fives and above.
Author Rebecca Elliott's book 'Zoo Girl' was highly commended by the Junior Magazine Design Awards in the Picture Book of the Year category, as well as shortlisted in the Most Promising New Talent category. With her history teacher husband and two children, the family live in Suffolk.
The Last Tiger by Rebecca Elliott was published by Lion Hudson Plc in July 2012 and is our 18894th best seller. The ISBN for The Last Tiger is 9780745963495.
- Rebecca and her family live in Suffolk
- When she was young, she had crushes on Jason Donovan, Patrick Swayze and then … Stephen Fry!
- Aged 12, Rebecca wrote to Fry, asking him to read some of her comic material, she got 3 replies. “I was probably just this really annoying, obnoxious child, saying ‘I love you. Can you read this skit I’ve written?’ Just terribly embarrassing!”
- Rebecca is married to Matthew, a History Teacher.
- Rebecca enjoys singing in pubs, not on her own but with her and her husband’s poppy/bluesy/jazzy/folky/souly covers trio - My Man Jeeves.
- Just Because is sold all over the globe, in places like Italy, the U.S. and South Korea. In the Italian version, Clemmie changed her name to Martina!
- She released 5 self illustrated and authored books in a single year.
- Taken from Rebecca’s zany biography - “she was constructed over three decades ago by cosmic imps from radioactive moon dust, discarded artistic materials, twigs and a sack of potatoes … She now spends her earth hours protecting human younglings against the evil forces of The Patronising Giants of Alliteration and The Sinister Creatures of Anthropomorphia”.
|Page last updated||10th May 2013|
|Author / Artist||Rebecca Elliott|
|Publisher||Lion Hudson Plc (July 2012)|
|Recommended for Ages||from 3 years up to 7 years|
|Number of Pages||32|