Not just another cop flick, The Grace Card is a faith based action movie with a voice that speaks without preaching.
Set in the heat and racial tensions of the Southern States, hard-bitten Memphis cop, Mac McDonald is still grieving the tragic loss of his son when he gets a new patrol partner in pastor’s son Sgt Sam Wright.
The other articles of this series are:
- 1. The Grace Card DVD - it's not justice we need, it's grace
- 2. The Grace Card DVD - Movie Based Study Kit
- 3. The Grace Card DVD: making the movie - more heroes than Hollywood
The Grace Card - ‘It’s not justice we need, it’s grace.’
Now on DVD, the Graceworks Pictures independent Christian film rides with Mac McDonald (Michael Joiner) on his journey through the pain and bitterness that’s eroding his family. Mike’s new patrol partner, Sgt Sam Wright (Mike Higgenbottom) is the rising star of the Memphis Police who never wanted to be a cop and only joined to feed his family.
The Grace Card - cinema success now on DVD
As the two men face the dangers of law enforcement on the Memphis streets, the realities of their separate inner hurts endanger their working partnership. Will Mac’s eighteen years of bitterness and Sam’s uneasiness in his role as a cop drive them apart or into mutual dependence and restoration?
With Mac’s son killed by a drug dealer and Sam’s life redirected from his heartfelt calling, both feel the need for justice and retribution. But is this enough, or is there a ‘grace card’ that can bring them both back to the truth of the men they were meant to be and the lives they were meant to live.
Quick Guide to
Quick guide - The Grace Card DVD
The Grace Card DVD - what is it?
- A cop movie with more set in the urban crime and racial tension of the Deep South.
- A movie that explores how keeping hold of deep inner hurts destroy relationships.
- A practical demonstration of the restorative power of Grace and forgiveness.
The Grace Card DVD - why should I buy it?
- For a family movie with themes relevant to men, women and young people.
- To explore the application of grace and forgiveness in real life.
- As a gift to encourage another to look for grace rather than justice as the solution.
January 7th, 2012 - Posted & Written by Les Ellison