A Time Of Change Hardback
Judah and its Neighbours in the Persian and Early Hellenistic Periods
by Yigal Levin;
In Stock - Order before 4pm for same day dispatchWant it on Tuesday 13 December?
Order within 39 hours and 19 minutes for delivery on Tuesday 13 December when you choose Next Day Delivery at the Checkout
Offer price: £40.00 Free Delivery
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £40.00 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
A Time Of Change
Full Product Description
The studies all deal with the changes that occurred in the Land of Israel during the Persian and early Hellenistic periods, from the 6th through the 4th centuries BCE. For convenience, the studies are divided into three categories: archaeological, epigraphic and historical, though many of them are actually more interdisciplinary. Most of them deal with either the province of Judah, Idumea or the interaction between the two, although a couple of them examine other parts of the country as well. A major focus of several of the papers is different aspects of the newly published “Makkedah ostraca” and their meaning.
Table Of Contents
Yigal Levin: Forward and Introduction
I. Archaeological Studies:
1. Einat Ambar-Armon and Amos Kloner (Dept. of Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology, Bar-Ilan University): Archaeological Evidence of Links between the Aegean World and the Land of Israel in the Persian Period.
2. Avraham Faust (Dept. of Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology, Bar-Ilan University): Settlement Dynamics and Demographic Fluctuations in Judah from the late Iron Age to the Hellenistic Period and the Archaeology of Persian Period Yehud.
3. Diana Edelman (Dept. Biblical Studies, Sheffield University): Settlement Patterns in Persian-Era Yehud.
4. Rona S. Avissar, Joe Uziel and Aren M. Maeir (Dept. of Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology, Bar-Ilan University; The Tell es-Safi/Gath Archaeological Project): Tell es-Safi/Gath during the Persian Period
II. Epigraphic Studies:
5. Hanan Eshel (Dept. of Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology, Bar-Ilan University): Hellenism in the Land of Israel from the Fifth to the Second Centuries BCE in Light of Semitic Epigraphy.
6. Bezalel Porten and Ada Yardeni (Dept. of Jewish History, The Hebrew University in Jerusalem): Makkedah and the Storehouse in the Idumean Ostraca.
7. Esther Eshel (Dept. of Bible, Bar-Ilan University): Two Aramaic Ostraca from Mareshah.
III. Historical Studies:
8. Lisbeth S. Fried (Dept. of Near Eastern Studies, University of Michigan): From Xeno-Philia to -Phobia – Jewish Encounters with the Other.
9. Ian Stern (Archaeological Seminars, Jerusalem): The Population of Persian Period Idumea According to the Ostraca: A Study of Ethnic Boundaries and Ethogenesis.
10. Yigal Levin (The College of Judea and Samaria, Ariel, and the Depts. of Jewish History and Land of Israel Studies and Archaeology, Bar-Ilan University): The Southern Frontier of Yehud and the Creation of Idumea.
A Time Of Change by Yigal Levin was published by Continuum in November 2007 and is our 49884th best seller. The ISBN for A Time Of Change is 9780567045522.
Reviews of A Time Of Change
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about A Time Of Change.
This product is also listed in the following departments:
- Sale department
Details for A Time Of Change
|Page last updated||19th November 2016|
|Author / Artist||Yigal Levin|
|Publisher||Continuum (November 2007)|
|Number of Pages||200|