There Are No Strong People
by Jeff Lucas
Availability: Stock Available.
Why buy from Eden.co.uk?
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £5
Churches & Schools Click here to Buy Now and Pay Later
Call us on 0800 612 2186
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 6:00pm
Security Guaranteed with 256-Bit SSL Security from Verisign
Over 400,000 customers served
Save £2.01 when you buy There Are No Strong People and There Are No Strong People DVD together!
Described as provocative, breathtakingly honest, as a Grisham-like pageturner, Jeff Lucas’ latest book There are no strong people is a journey through the life of famous strongman Samson - a man who was massively blessed by God - but who largely squandered that blessing because of poor choices. A book about a man, but written fior women as well as men, Jeff unpacks some surprising truths that emerge from the Samson story -
• We tend to think of ourselves as people who have strengths and weaknesses. The truth is that sometimes our strengths make us weak - we need to identify the counterpart weaknesses that our strengths create
• People tend to categorize others as good or bad. Most of us are a mixture of both - and we should be aware that we are capable of making stunning mistakes
• Church is an ideal environment for immorality to flourish - because our spirituality and sexuality are mingled together.
• What we play with will make playthings of us
- Samson ends up being celebrated by God, despite all his failings. Why?
More a journey of reflection and prose than a bible study on a character, There are no strong people will bring the tragedies and triumphs of Samson to life for our 21st century living.
'Riveting stuff! Jeff applies his unique 'tell it as it is' style to the familiar story of Samson and his unexpurgated interpretation is a compelling read.' - David Coffey
There Are No Strong People by Jeff Lucas was published by CWR Publishing in March 2012 and is our 494th best seller. The ISBN for There Are No Strong People is 9781853456244.
|Page last updated||5th May 2013|
|Author / Artist||Jeff Lucas|
|Publisher||CWR Publishing (March 2012)|
|Number of Pages||216|