Theological Lexicon of the New Testament Paperback
by Ceslas Spicq;
Out of stock
Price and PurchaseOffer price: £107.10 Free UK Delivery Go to Basket
If you're buying for a church, school or business, why not Buy Now Pay Later?Find Out More
Theological Lexicon of the New Testament
Full Product Description
One plus to this work is that it is self-consciously theological. Spicq's quest is not for morphology, orthography, or even grammar or syntax; rather, he wants to uncover the religious meaning of the language used in the New Testament. To accomplish his task, Spicq mines the vast resources of epigraphical texts, papyri, classical writings, the Greek Old Testament, Hellenistic authors, and innumerable sources to inform his study of New Testament Koine. Not merely following in the footsteps of other such works, more than half of the words in TLNT do not receive significant treatment in TDNT, and his impressive familiarity with a variety of resources—from funerary inscriptions to papyri fragments—deems his work extraordinary.
• In the upper portion of each article entry the Greek lexical form of the word or word group appears, and the lower portion contains:
• Fully transliterated English form
• Brief definition
• Terms in the text itself are transliterated for the nonspecialist, while scholars can quickly reference the original language in the article entry.
• Scholars especially will appreciate the extensive footnotes, which review a term's use in the papyri, in the Septuagint, and in classical and Hellenistic writings and then assess the value of this material for understanding the NT. Parallels in Jewish writings, including the Pseudepigrapha, Apocrypha, and Qumran, are also included.
• Spicq supplies vital bibliography from a wide range of resources. And in this edition, any references to French, German, or other foreign language works that have been translated into English are given in their English form.
• In the resource notes, each term is conveniently keyed to Strong's Concordance numbering and cross-referenced to major lexical resources, such as Louw and Nida's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament Based on Semantic Domains or the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament.
Theological Lexicon of the New Testament by Ceslas Spicq was published by Hendrickson in January 1995 and is our 41526th best seller. The ISBN for Theological Lexicon of the New Testament is 9781565630352.
Reviews of Theological Lexicon of the New Testament
Customer reviews and testimonials Write a review
Got a question? No problem! Just click here to ask us about Theological Lexicon of the New Testament.
Samples of this Book
Details for Theological Lexicon of the New Testament
|Page last updated||27th December 2016|
|Author / Artist||Ceslas Spicq|
|Publisher||Hendrickson (January 1995)|
|Additional Information||3 v. ;|
|Number of Pages||1860|