What did Jesus Christ really teach? What were the very basics? What did he say about current issues facing both modern Christianity as well as the rest of the world today? The teachings of Christ were in many ways quite different from much of what we see in current-day practicing forms of Christianity. If one considers what Christ taught apart from what is claimed by much of Christian-based organized religion today, one may very well reach very different conclusions from what is preached to us in this day and age regarding many issues of morality, dogma, and what is expected of a good Christian.
From decades of historic, scholarly, linguistic, and dedicated research that includes some of the most renowned and established expert sources in respective fields of study, this work focuses on what Christ actually taught, who he really was, and why he matters in modern times - while analyzing some surprising conclusions to many current-day fundamental questions as:
* Why might Christ disagree with stringent religious views on premarital sex and chastity rings?
* Who can we trust in regards to a personal faith in a world of religious information overload?
* What did Jesus say about homosexuality that directly refutes modern-day pious viewpoints?
* How can we be expected to love our enemies, to forgive, and to turn the other cheek?
* What is so different between the teachings of Christ in comparison to other philosophies?
* What would Jesus say about present forms of Christian fundamentalism?
* How do we know whether Jesus was the prophesied-about Messiah of Judaism?
* What does it mean to have a sincere belief in God as Christ defined it?
* What would Christ say about modern cults and religious control freaks?
* Who was Jesus Christ as a man, and why should we even care?
* What would Christ say about those that might not believe?
* How reliable is the modern Bible to its original manuscripts?
* What did Christ say about the end times?
* Who - or what - is the word of God?
The Gospel According to Christ is for both believer and non-believer alike, and simplifies the Gospel of Christ into its core elements as based on the teachings of Jesus alone - and this completely apart from those things that organized religion may vehemently preach at the world today. The result is an eye-opening and easy read that clears up many gray areas surrounding the subject of who Christ was, what he taught, and how his modern-day followers compare to his own teachings as based on a very simple faith that is not dependent on popular opinions, disproportional admonitions, nor religious domination.
This work brings the sheer simplicity of Christ into focus - while thoroughly answering some of the more difficult questions surrounding both him and his teachings - to the forefront of the 21st Century.
The Gospel According to Christ by M. W. Sphero was published by Herms Press in March 2013. The ISBN for The Gospel According to Christ is 9780955944062.